Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coleripmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 07:44 PM
    Batteries and Voltages
    Given three batteries with voltages of 1.0V , 6.0V , and 11.0V . WHat are the minimum and maximum voltages that could be achieved by connecting them in series?
    Nhatkiem Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

Oct 27, 2009, 07:53 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm 100% correct about this, but I believe total voltage in a series is just the sum of the voltage. In other words the minimum voltage is the same as the maximum voltage because it ends up just being a sum.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 02:26 PM

I think you can hook these batterirs up in series but with the polarity of one or more batteries revesed to get different total values of voltage. For example, connect the cathode of the 11V battery to the anode of the 5V, and you have a 16 volt sum (from anode of 11V to cathode of 5V). Then connect the cathode of the 5V to the cathode of the 1V (in other words, the 1V battery is polarity-reversed relative to the others), and measure across all three abatteries, and you'll have 10V + 5V - 1V = 14 volts. Try other combinations of polarity to see what you can get for a minimum.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer AVR and Voltages [ 0 Answers ]

If I plug my 110v hairdryer to the 110v slot on an AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) for computers, would it work? Is it safe? I'm planning on using my 110v things in Asia where they use 220v for electrical outlets. I don't want to have to get 1 of those transformers or I really have to? HELP!

Keyboard test pin voltages [ 1 Answers ]

I have checked the test pin voltages for my keyboard and they are as follows: pin 4 pin 1 -0.00 pin 4 pin 2 -3.87 pin 4 pin 3 -4.37 pin 4 pin 5 -0.01 pin 4 pin 6 -3.87 Could anyone advise if these values are within limits and, if not, is it an indication of a problem with the system board?

Batteries Keep Going Out [ 2 Answers ]

I've just started to have a problem with my thermostat losing battery power. This is actually shutting down my heat. I have put fresh batteries in twice over the last two weeks, reprogrammed the thermostat - only to have it happen again today. Is this the thermostat going bad?

Batteries [ 1 Answers ]

Any one here know about batteries, I am looking to find out about 2- 6V batteries hooked up in parallel. Wanting to know the total amperage if each is xxx. Do they add? (CCA and CA) Jerry

View more questions Search