Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sammyjoe Posts: 3, Reputation: -1

Oct 27, 2009, 06:31 PM
    DUI and still want to drink
    I now can't drink at all and have to take urine test once a month but I wonder how effective are these test or lets just say when should I quit having a glass of wine with my dinner and no I'm not driving ofcoarse. Please only respond if you know and keep your opinons to yourself thank you I'm 48 and own a new $200,000 home I'm not a child nor a drunk.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 06:42 PM

Well first keep yourself rightous attitude, yes you have a problem if you were convictedof a DUI. So you have a problem if you came to this.

Next it is even worst, since you won't admit the problem and just want to know how to cheat the system.

The amount of time will depend on your body weight, the amount you drink. Of course if you do drink, and a friend who gets mad turns you in, or perhaps someone sees you drinking and know you should not be..

Well at least if you have a 200,000 home if you have a wreck and kill someone while DUI, they can sue you and get something.
    topend Posts: 30, Reputation: -1

Oct 28, 2009, 07:52 AM

If you have a glass of wine 24 hours prior to a urine test, it will not show. If you drink a 5th of vodka, it most likely will show up. Course they could always do other tests that can show even further into the past. I'm 53, have a nice home and after several DWI's and a 5 year prison sentence, I've learned that even a few drinks can cause big problems. If you're already looking to skirt tests, you're heading in the wrong direction.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyjoe View Post
    I now can't drink at all and have to take urine test once a month but i wonder how effective are these test or lets just say when should i quit haveing a glass of wine with my dinner and no im not driving ofcoarse. please only respond if you know and keep your opinons to yourself thank you im 48 and own a new $200,000 home im not a child nor a drunk.

You are also not an English major.

As a side note - wow, $200,000. Is this supposed to impress me? In my area this is a shack.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 03:37 PM
    I now can't drink at all and have to take urine test once a month but i wonder how effective are these test or lets just say when should i quit haveing a glass of wine with my dinner and no im not driving ofcoarse. please only respond if you know and keep your opinons to yourself thank you im 48 and own a new $200,000 home im not a child nor a drunk.
    Believe it or not, I am actually going to keep my opinion to myself for just once. You all know how hard it is for me to bite my tongue. But the IGNoRANT OP asked us to keep our opinions to ourselves.

Hey... have you heard of AA? :p They do wonderful things!

**Edit: Oops sorry, had to let a little of my opinion slide.
    Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 03:42 PM
    Um, you got a DUI and you still want to drink? You aren't a drunk? You know, my daughter turns 16 next week and will be driving on the same roads that drunks like you do. I hope and pray she lives.

Oops again... my tongue slipped.:p
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Um, you got a DUI and you still want to drink? You aren't a drunk? You know, my daughter turns 16 next week and will be driving on the same roads that drunks like you do. I hope and pray she lives.

Oops again...my tongue slipped.:p

I'm sorry - a drunk (who, by the way, could drink and hold his liquor, wasn't impaired by what a "normal" person could drink - as he so testified) killed one of my family members.

Chewing on my tongue.

(For the amusement of our members, read some of the other threads. He thinks that if a couple dates for 5 or 6 weeks and doesn't have sex the guy is either scared... or gay! https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ml#post2055470)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Odd choice of words. "Am not a child". Could have fooled me. You want your cake and eat it too. I hope your new $200,000 homes goes to a good cause, namely the person or family whose loved one is either injured or killed by you by your careless driving. Be sure your mortgage payments are current, OK?
    Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    I hope your new $200,000 homes goes to a good cause, namely the person or family whose loved one is either injured or killed by you by your careless driving. Be sure your mortgage payments are current, ok?

Not sure I want to let my daughter get her license next week... Oops my tongue slipped again! :rolleyes:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 07:03 PM

Well I started it sort of and we do have to understand people with adictions don't admit it until it is normaly too late and it is seldom on the first ticket since they don't make it tough enough on them.

And if that is 200,000 in today's depressed market it may be OK, but if that was 200,000 three years ago, it is not worth 76,000 any longer.

And since it is way off base ( shame on me) I am closing ths thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just one drink? [ 1 Answers ]

If you drink one beer and have an EtG the next morning, how likely is it going to show up?

I drink 2 much [ 16 Answers ]

Hi there names ceri, I drink 2 much , and its reckin my relationship with my boyfriend, e.g. I wake up in the morning and the boyfriend is angri with me and I ask what I've done and I've either hit him or gave verbal abuse, and the scary thing is I don't remember a thing, I'm only 17, And need...

I don't owe anything for this drink [ 1 Answers ]

I don't owe anything for this drink The bartender asks the guy sitting at the bar, "What'll you have?" The guy answers, "A scotch, please." The bartender hands him the drink, and says "That'll be five dollars," to which the guy replies, "What are you talking about? I don't owe you anything for...

Do I Drink Too Much? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I really like drinking, if it were up to me I would drink 24/7. I usually drink on weekends and if so, I drink a lot. Like I'll have up to 6 or 7 drinks of my own. If I happen to have the money to buy booze on a weekday I will but I drink less then (like 3 or 4 drinks) but only because of the...

View more questions Search