Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jerry Tryon Posts: 22, Reputation: -2

Oct 28, 2009, 07:07 AM

So scotty u think that big corporations with lawyers guarantees honesty and propriety? You must not watch the news or read much. Lets see the government has all kinds of lawyers and legal experts probably smarter than you, and still they constantly get found out for criminal activity. Pop goes your balloon. The last time we talked I thought you were smart
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 28, 2009, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    But, you didn't answer my questions. Why didn't the cop who investigated the "stalking" believe you? You say you did NOTHING, but the COP thought you did something. The prosecutor thought you DID something too.

That's not to say you DID, but if it came down like you said it did, the cops would NOT have charged you with a crime... But, even if the cops can't identify a crime when they see it, the prosecutor CAN, and he took you to trial.

I wanna know WHY.

excon
    In most places stalking is a criminal offense and prosecuted by the DA. From what Jerry is saying, I'm wondering if there was a criminal investigation here. I'm suspecting this woman filed a civil suit not a criminal action. What the basis of that suit was may be unclear and depend on local laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Tryon View Post
    excon the bottom line here is this I shop where I choose to shop in the 10 years I have only seen her there 2 times. I went on line and donated money to the ACS that is all I have done. She tried to put all of it together and make the judge believe I was stalking her. come on you see a person you dislike at the store once twice or three times then say that person is a stalker???? The judge had no choice no proof no order. and the ACS I think refuses to except the verdict of the judge. My attorney charged me 750 bucks to represent me thats what this mess costed me. I DID NOTHING PERIOD.
    The problem here is you don't know WHY the ACS took what action they did. It may have nothing to do with this woman. You only have your suspicions. You were not really harmed by this (I think you said your donation was returned). So you really need to move on.

Oct 28, 2009, 07:14 AM
    excon I am very sorry that I have mislead you. There was no trial. The judge had a hearing to decide the merit of the lady's petition to place a restraining order to eventually send me to jail if I breached the orderd. She failed to get what she wanted. That was an attempt to put me in jail for stalking. I did not stalk her she stalked me. She tried to prevent me from going to my doctors office. And she claimed that she went to the walkathon site often but it turns out that she only goes there one day a year. She never mentioned the store I shop at. She tried to prevent me frodm walking legally but failed then turned around did it the other way she used the ACS.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 07:14 AM

Hello again, Jerry:

I LOVE your short paragraphs. Keep it up.

Certainly, lawyers on staff doesn't prevent corruption, greed or self dealing... But, that argument is a red herring. What Scott wants to know. What we ALL want to know, is exactly what crime did they commit?? What tortuous action did they DO to you. How did they harm you? Who, amongst your peers, think less of you because of what they did?? What jobs were denied you because of what they did?

excon

Oct 28, 2009, 07:18 AM
    excon well I also left out the fact that they only changed the name on her page no where else I donated to several ladies. I am very compassionate when it comes to breast cancer since my mother died from it.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 07:19 AM

VERY interesting. The OP wants to sue the ACS and also wants to punish the credit card companies for expecting him to pay back what he purchased:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ss-400038.html

Time to close. OP is becoming insulting and running around in circles.

Oct 28, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Tryon View Post
    so scotty u think that big corporations with lawyers guarantees honesty and propriety? You must not watch the news or read much. lets see the government has all kinds of lawyers and legal experts probably smarter than you, and still they constantly get found out for criminal activity. pop goes your balloon. the last time we talked I thought you were smart
    No I don't, nor is that what I said. Your analogy doesn't hold much water. There is a difference between people trying to get away with criminal activity or malfeasance and an organization protecting itself.

But I can't see an organization with the size and reputation of the ACS coming down hard on someone for the circumstances you relate. I'm not saying its impossible or that it didn't happen, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

The bottom line here is that you don't know why they did what they did. And you will not know, especially with your angry attitude. I see three options for you; 1) forget it and move on with your life, 2) have your attorney send a query to ask for an explanation of their actions against you or 3) go to the media to try and find out what happened. Maybe the threat of negative publicity will get them to explain.

I vote for #1 since the only thing that has really been injured is your pride.

P.S. We do not allow personal attacks here. Please be careful about insulting people.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Why are you donating money when you owe so much to your credit card debt?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2009, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Why are you donating money when you owe so much to your credit card debt?
    You caught it too, eh? :)

Maybe he wants to "punish" the ACS, too.

Some of you folks may think I meant there was a trial to clear that up it was a hearing where the judge decided whether or not the lady need a protection order he said no and nearly arrested her for her bad behavior.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jerry, let me interject here if I may. I am a breast cancer survivor... I was a member of ACS during my cancer treatment. The ACS is VERY protective of their clients, almost to a fault (pun intended). It is quite possible that she made a complaint against you to her ACS counselor and this is why your name was changed from her page only.

I also would like to say that I am very sorry about your loss, I know how hard it is having lost many friends to the disease myself.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    You caught it too, eh? :)

Maybe he wants to "punish" the ACS, too.
    Plus in that thread he mentions his weapon and the amount of rounds he has. Disturbing indeed.

Oct 28, 2009, 07:29 AM
    To this8384 don't worry about the credit card I took care of it they buckled. Oh and need karma duh I got that money back and it was part of what I used to pay the credit cards. I took care of the cards for 25% on the dollar. Out of debt.

Oct 28, 2009, 07:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    VERY interesting. The OP wants to sue the ACS and also wants to punish the credit card companies for expecting him to pay back what he purchased:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ss-400038.html

Time to close. OP is becoming insulting and running around in circles.
    Good catch! Yes, there is something disturbing about this.

Thread closed.

Oct 28, 2009, 01:52 PM
    Comment on J_9's post
    I can tell that you have a lot of class please survive

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are some ways in which American society is stratified? What do you think the imp [ 1 Answers ]

What are some ways in which American society is stratified? What do you think the impact is on society when groups are stratified?

Over society [ 9 Answers ]

Hi. 1 year ago I was bashed in a restaurant & then shortly after, due to my anger from the incident, I was rude to a close female friend, who then in turn decided to put an Intervention Order against me, for a verbal argument ! She made up lies to get it ! Since then I hate society. I quit my job....

American society is stratified [ 2 Answers ]

What are some ways in which american society is stratified? What do you think the impact is on society when group are stratified?

What are some ways in which American society is stratified? [ 3 Answers ]

What are some ways in which American society is stratified?

What function is racism in American society? [ 21 Answers ]

As a member of a minority group in the United States we are openly proud of our heritage and the work of most of our ancestors... we seek strongly to hold on to certain aspects of our cultural heritage rather than assimilate the culture of the majority... with that thought such assimilation comes...

View more questions Search