Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcdonalds737 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 01:33 PM
    Mother making me sign up rights!
    Okay I have a question for you. I am a father of three wonderful children, two girls & one boy, but am only able to see my son. I am not able to see my daughters because there moms will not let me have any contact with them. I took them to court many times to get this changed but end up with the same verdict - its up to the mother if I see my children or not. Now for the past three or four years the moms have been trying to get me to sign up my rights to my daughters. Can they do this with out me knowing? Don't they have to have another male ready to adopt the child? What can I do about this?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Oct 29, 2009, 04:45 AM

Well, let me answer your last questions first:

No, they cannot do it without you knowing *legally*. Yes, they need to have a HUSBAND ready to adopt.

WHat verdict is being issued about you getting to see your children? Unless you have been found unfit by the court, I find it hard to believe that a court is leaving visitation up to the other parent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 05:39 AM

First no one can "make" you sign over any rights, courts could take them for some reasons.

Next take her to court for contempt if you have a court ordered visit and she will not allow them
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 01:38 PM

Im curious where this is because in no court that Im aware of they let the mother ( or custodial parent ) decide if the other party can see the child. Are all 3 your children or just the boy ( son ). Are the girls step children ?

What have you been asking for when going to court ?
    mcdonalds737 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 01:28 PM
    The court is in Morrison County Minnesota. They have set the visitation on all three of my children to the mothers choice. All three are my children not stepchildren or anything. They are all mine. My son is the only one I am able to see or talk to. I have fought in court I do not know how many times, and the judges keep coming up with the same verdict for visitation. They leave it up to the mothers. I do not have any money for a lawyer so what can I do? I also live in Iowa and my kids live in Minnesota. What are my choices?

Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Im curious where this is because in no court that Im aware of they let the mother ( or custodial parent ) decide if the other party can see the child. Are all 3 your children or just the boy ( son ). Are the girls step children ?

What have you been asking for when going to court ?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 02:09 PM

Are the courts giving you any indication as to why they are ruling like they are ? Because not knowing anything about it I would guess there have been accusations involved along the way. It just doesn't make any sense what your saying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can the mother of her 20 yr old son make him sign over his parental rights? [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm 4 months pregnant with my ex-boyfriends child. I'm am 22, he is 20. His mother blames me for the entire pregnancy, saying that I'm trying to ruin her sons life, trap him.. etc. She then goes on to say that she's making him have a paternity test done once the child's born and immediately...

Can a father sign over his rights to the mother? [ 1 Answers ]

Can a father sign his rights over,if so how can i go about doing this? I'm a single mother,my son is now almost 3 1/2yrs old the father has not been in his life for the last 3 yrs. Im a sick mother n for my peace of mind id like to have full custody of my son,since his father isnt around and said...

Birth Mother willing to sign over rights [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Indiana and I am a step mother of 2 boys. Their Birth Mother is wanting to sign over her rights to me... I don't even know where to start and want everything to go smoothly the boys are excited about the whole deal. I love them and they are always with me at all times. Can someone please...

Can a father sign his rights away to the mother if she wants it that way but. [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 2 year old child with another woman. They tried to work it out 2 years ago but it didn't work. She has not wanted anything to do with him nor wanted him to be a part of the child's life. She recently lost her job and filed for welfare which is now requesting a paternity test from...

Lost, Have questions about making the father sign rights over. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2yr old baby girl. Her father hasn't seen her since she was 7 months old. He wasn't around when I was pregnant because he didn't believe that she was his. I didn't put his name on the birth certificate because I told him he had to prove he was a good father first. Obviously that hasn't...

View more questions Search