Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wilma2 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 01:11 PM
    How to best friend my manager
    Hi ,
    Please help ,I want to be best friends with my manager more than anything .
    I'm a working mother of three,I ve been working with my female manager for more than 2 years now,every now and then I think of the two of us being best friends ,I get thrilled just from the thought.
    I'm a hard worker and will apply whatever you tell me to do.
    Please tell me a scheduled plan to go through to win her
    You can ask me anything about us that would matter to your answer
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 01:16 PM

Ok, have you started by asking if she wants to grab a drink after work or something or go shopping or something like that? I think that would be good for starters.
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 01:32 PM
    It's not really a good idea for managers to become close friends with the employees they supervise. They can be social but they need to socialize with everyone, not show favorites. The productivity of the other employees would suffer.

Oct 27, 2009, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Ok, have you started by asking if she wants to grab a drink after work or something or go shopping or something like that? I think that would be good for starters.
    I'm just afraid of refusal,I hate being clingy, I want her to be the one to die to best friend me
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma2 View Post
    im just afraid of refusal,i hate being clingy, i want her to be the one to die to bestfriend me
    You will just have to wait and see. You could try and suck up. Take into thought what Justlooking just said as well.

Oct 27, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Looking View Post
    It's not really a good idea for managers to become close friends with the employees they supervise. They can be social but they need to socialize with everyone, not show favorites. The productivity of the other employees would suffer.
    I wouldn't want anybody around to realize us being close she is the only one that matters to me

Oct 27, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    You will just have to wait and see. You could try and suck up. Take into thought what Justlooking just said as well.
    I can't get u how try and suck up
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wilma2 View Post
    i wouldnt want anybody around to realize us being close she is the only one that matters to me
    I'm sorry, but you have to think of this from her viewpoint. As a manager, she would be risking too much to do what you are asking.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 02:00 PM
    I want to be best friends with my manager more than anything .
    It's not always about what you want. As your manager it would not be in her best interest to be best friends with you. She's your manager, your working relationship would suffer.

I'm a working mother of three,I ve been working with my female manager for more than 2 years now,every now and then I think of the two of us being best friends ,I get thrilled just from the thought.
    This sounds a bit obsessive. Do you have other friends?

Please tell me a scheduled plan to go through to win her
    There is no "scheduled plan" to befriending someone. Just be nice, maybe ask her to go out to a movie or come over for dinner or drinks. If she responds then go from there, but keep in mind that this could have negative effects on your employment.

Good luck.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 27, 2009, 02:55 PM

Being friends is a mutual thing that develops naturally. Not something you plan, or have to work toward. You can't make someone your friend just because you like them. They have to be as willing as you are and considering she is your boss, that could be terrible if she had to fire you or change something to accommodate you. Get trying to force someone to be your friend out of your head.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex or her best friend? [ 10 Answers ]

Kk so basically my ex girlfriend broke up with me 2 times I really do love her... but I've become really close to her friend and developed feelings for her but I still have feelings for my ex.. now the problem is her friend I have feelings for my best friend dated her and basically were not friends...

Here goes.like my best friend? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay. So the names have been changed in this. First of all, I'm 16 and both the guys in this are 17. My boyfriend, let's call him Bob, HAD a best friend named.. Tom. Now let me explain (as best I can) why they aren't friends anymore. So I met Tom first. I kind of liked him at first, but I...

Best friend [ 5 Answers ]

How do I talk to my best friend about y we r not ask close as we use to and how its affecting me and why has are friendship changed?

My best friend want to be with my ex [ 5 Answers ]

My best friend want to be with my ex and I don't know what to do. Me and him have been together for a year and he called it off and know he likes my bestfrined and asked her out a week later. She came to me and asked me for my permission and I told her how I felt and she said that she wont(but I...

Me and My best friend and the Guy I like [ 21 Answers ]

Hi OK the guy I like likes me too and I liked him for a while now but I just found out that my best friend likes him too but he said he likes me and not her but he doesn't want to hurt her feeling by telling what should we said!

View more questions Search