Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MichiganGirl10 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 09:21 AM
    17 and wetting the bed ?
    I am a 17 year old female and I have just recently started wetting the bed. I wet my bed once when I was 16 and now twice in one month just recently. 2 weeks ago and now, lastnight :/
    I am not on any medication for anything so that is not it.
    I do not drink anything before I go to bed, because I hate waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom (though I do, when I have those feelings)
    I am a very light sleeper and I wake up to a creek in the walls.
    I weigh 232, I am 5"5, and I will be 18 in 7 months. I do not want to keep wetting the bed. My boyfriend lives with me now (of course we are with my parents till I am 18) and it was so embaressing because every sat night him and I make an all nighter and sleep in the living room. Last Saturday night, I wet the bed. I had to get up before he did to take a shower, clean my sheet, and act like nothing was wrong. HE does not know of my incodents. NOt quite sure If I want to tell him. PLEASE HELP ME!
    I know I should see a doctor but I want some advice to make sure that if I do go to the doctor, that is because of something serious. I don't want to be the boy who cried wolf.:confused:
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 09:33 AM

I think your concerns are very real...

Not that I'm saying there is something seriously wrong,but that going to the gp is a good course of action..
    ChildOfGod_1 Posts: 60, Reputation: 8

Nov 1, 2009, 03:05 AM

Hi. I am a 27 Yr old female, and when I was your age, I was wetting my bed almost everyday. The bed-wetting period existed for almost 2 months, and it was very embarrassing.

I consulted a doc, and the doc told me that it could be due to come mental tension/ anxiety/ depression that I might be unconsciously feeling. The doc's advice was to stay positive and calm and go to bed with a peaceful mind. (and obviously to stop drinking water 1 hour before I go to bed). Surprisingly, me bed-wetting problem vanished almost in 1 week!

Why don't you try the same?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bed-wetting [ 33 Answers ]

:( Does anyone have any advice on what to do about bed-wetting? Here's a little history: -We have a seven year old boy who continues to wet the bed every night. (Almost, there are a couple of times a year he goes without doing it. He's even gone up to about 4 days without then all of a sudden...

Bed wetting [ 5 Answers ]

My Daughter who is 7yrs old having bed wetting . She normally does it every night ,sometimes twice too & sometimes in a day too. Kindly suggest the remedy

Puppy bed wetting [ 4 Answers ]

I've read other answers but they haven't been specific to my problem. I have a 8 month old female spayed beagle. She has just started to wet herself in her sleep both at night time and during the day. Can anyone help me by telling me how to help her to stop?

Papillon wetting on himself [ 1 Answers ]

We have a male (approx 10 months old) natural Papillon who routinely wets on himself (chest and front legs) when he is let outside to potty. We have 2 other dogs in the house, a male neutered Chihuahua (2 yrs old) and a female, spayed retriever mix (approx 1 yr old). Neither of these other 2 dogs...

Bed wetting [ 4 Answers ]

I have 7 sons ranging in age from 10 to 21. I have an issue that is driving me crazy. My 14 year old has a problem wetting the bed. It isn't once in a while... it is every night. He shares a room with my 12 year old. I hear it every morning how the bedroom stinks. My wife and I have had him to...

View more questions Search