Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mugdhaisa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 08:58 AM
    How do plants prepare food?
    I want to know
    Ginny Finny Posts: 54, Reputation: 6

Oct 28, 2009, 02:00 AM

Well ill try and explain but I don't know if you will understand as I don't know how old you are. Plants require carbon dioxide(a gas) and water to create food. Water is taken up through the roots and up the stem into the plants leaves. Carbon dioxide is taken into the plants leaves through little pores. For photosynthesis to occur (the process that creates food for the plant), the plant needs sunlight and chlorophyll. (Green pigment in leaves that can take in sunlight) Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so the plant needs to convert it, using sunlight (light energy). Carbon dioxide and water react to produce simple sugars(chemical energy) which the plant uses to build new structures such as roots or leaves. Can you get any of that?:confused:
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 08:31 PM

Or, in summary, plants use the energy in sunlight to combine carbon dioxide (from the air) and water to make sugar.

Sugars are food, both for the plant and for us when we eat plants. Sugar is how all living things store energy. All that energy came from the sun.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

How to prepare food to freeze and eat through the week. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm following this meal plan where I eat 6 portioned meals a day with protein, carbs, and vegies with at least 2 of the meals. I'm doing good so far and it feels good to never be hungry. However, I start school next week and I'm not going to be able to cook all day. I figured I could eat things...

How do I prepare raw food for my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

Help need from you, kindly let me know how I prepare a good supporting food which also increase weight for my dog actually I wish to know also how do I prepare raw food for my dog? I have German Shaphard Dog age about one and half year old. and after his medical checkup doctor says that he must...

Food poisoning, or Food allergy? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. Greetings first of all. Well, see, on Tuesday morning I felt fine, nothing seemed to be wrong. Went to work at a restaurant, 3 hours cause it's split shift. Came back home and was supposed to go back to work at 5pm. Right around that time I started to feel bloated, and had lots of gas. Then...

View more questions Search