Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XoXoSonoBella Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 08:27 AM
    Curiousity of prescription
    I was wondering if my vision was bad for my age. I am 20 with a prescription of (left) + sph +8.75 cyl -1.50 ax 175 add 1.50 (right) sph +7.25 cyl -1.50 ax 175 add 1.50

My contacts only correct distance vision therefore I need reading glasses with them and my prescription glasses are bifocals, very thick without the use of high index.

I feel like I am very young to have such horrible vision and wonder if it will continue to get worse and I'll end up with like crazy +30 or something.

I have worn contacts the past 3 years and now I'm looking into the high index lens to get more attractive glasses (I have noticed how mnay people actually wear glasses since I decided to get nicer glasses and wear them more often) I love my contacts but I can handle just wearing them on weekends when going out as long as I can look decent in a pair of glasses.

I intend to have a laser vision consultation in a couple years and would love to have my distance vision corrected completely because iwould not mind only needing reading glasses. I have heard a lot of talk though that my prescription is too high for these procedures, guess I'll just have to find out.

Well if any one has anything they would like to add feel free thanks
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 31, 2009, 03:04 PM

There is no "typical" prescription for any age or sex or race. It varies from person to person. A laser consultation is a great idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to refrain my daughter from sexual curiousity [ 10 Answers ]

My daughter who is 14 years old and studying in std.ix is showing unusual interest in boys.she is talking over telephone with her boyfriends in spite of our refusal to do so.she is not paying any heed to our words although we are giving her good advice.Doing bad in the exam.Behaving rudely with...

Old Prescription [ 2 Answers ]

I have medication, I do not know if it matters what kind but it is cyclobenzaprine, which is a muscle relaxer. How long is the pills good for? I will defiantly double check with my pharmacist, but would like to know if anybody here as any idea. The script I got was in July/08. I pretty much...

Curiousity on Pregnancy. LOL [ 3 Answers ]

Can I be Pregnant? I had sex on June 29th, & (July 4th)twice today. Im not due for my period until July 8th or 10th. I was just curious if I could be pregnant. (he did shoot in me). Also, How long does it usually take to show up? Like to gett the pregnancy feelings & all that stuff? Also can...

Out Of Curiousity [ 5 Answers ]

So here is what I've been wondering, this has been a discussion amongst my friends for a couple of days: One of my friends had unprotected sex, she had been having some pregnancy like symptoms (like her breasts being sore... I told her symptoms don't show up for a few weeks but she was still having...

Depo curiousity. [ 1 Answers ]

Let's see... where to begin... I was on depo for 9 months.. I stopped taken the shot in January. (thats when I was due to have another shot). My last official shot was October 24th of 2006. I have been noticing some strange stuff that has happened to me since I have been off it. Like for...

View more questions Search