Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HenrySmith Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2009, 06:45 AM
    Extraordinary Ministers
    In the Roman Catholic church, they appoint Extraordinary Ministers to serve the Eucharist. Is a person who is knowingly breaking the 8th commandment, i.e. deceiving her husband with lies, worthy to be appointed as an Extraordinary Minister?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 06:49 AM

Is this concerning your wife? I note that you have posted about her secret affair in the past (I'm unable to paste the question at this time because I am having AMHD computer problems).

How scandalous is the affair? I was always taught that the sin of scandal is worse than the actual transgression.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 27, 2009, 06:50 AM

Yes and no.

The devil is in the details... or in the details that others think...

I will not ask about the details that you have not given, but will leave you with this:

Speak to the person that you are speaking about... and if it is not resolved after that, speak to your Pastor.

If this is about a personal issue that you have with this person, then it will and should have nothing to do with his or her position as Eucharistic Minister. If it's something that is public, then it is an issue for the Pastor.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2009, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HenrySmith View Post
    In the Roman Catholic church, they appoint Extraordinary Ministers to serve the Eucharist. Is a person who is knowingly breaking the 8th commandment, i.e. deceiving her husband with lies, worthy to be appointed as an Extraordinary Minister?
    Any person who is involved in leadership and is not truly following the teachings of Christ should be deterred from Christian ministry
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Oct 30, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HenrySmith View Post
    She may PROVIDED she has PREVIOUSLY TO BEING APPOINTED explained in Confession to the priest of her Parish (or any priest) what her demeanor has been and received the priest's absolution therein.

If she deceived the priest or does not say anything about her misbehavior she will be committing a sacrilege by assisting the priest in the distribution of the Holy Communion.

As simple as that
    Gromitt82
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    any person who is involved in leadership and is not truly following the teachings of Christ should be deterred from Christian ministry

Sounds like husband is out to seek revenge in the name of religion - but, yes, I keep repeating this - the sin of scandal was always drilled into my head when I was a child.

OP wants his wife disgraced. Did you read the other threads?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 06:26 PM
    gromitt82,
    Yes...
    You are right about that.
    A person must be worthy to distribute OR take the Eucharist.
    Fred
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2009, 07:45 PM
    But of course for the appointment if the priest or Bishop is unaware. Or if it is over and they have confessed their siins and God has forgiven them.

It is not always up to man to decide the worthy. And within the Catholic Church, if even the Priest would be unwothy to hold mass, the substance is still there if the believers hold the faith that it is true.

But then the sin of revenge is in my opinion far worst.
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Fr_Chuck,
    That is very true.
    Christ is still in the Eucharist.
    But the bible does tell us that we should be worth of taking it, if not we are guilty of the body and blood of Christ Jesus.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    gromitt82 Posts: 370, Reputation: 23

Oct 31, 2009, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Fr_Chuck,
    That is very true.
    Christ is still in the Eucharist.
    But the bible does tell us that we should be worth of taking it, if not we are guilty of the body and blood of Christ Jesus.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    What you point out here is EXACTLY what it is like. Anybody can take the Holy Communion, his/her sins forgiven or not but he/she must be fully conscient and aware of the consequences he/she will have to face when he/she dies if he/she has committed a sacrilege.

And a sacrilege is to take the Communion without being in the Grace of GOD.

Gromitt82
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2009, 11:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gromitt82 View Post
    What you point out here is EXACTLY what it is like. Anybody can take the Holy Communion, his/her sins forgiven or not but he/she must be fully conscient and aware of the consequences he/she will have to face when he/she dies if he/she has commited a sacrilege.

And a sacrilege is to take the Communion without being in the Grace of GOD.

Gromitt82

I thought it was a matter of conscience.
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2009, 09:27 PM
    JudyKayTee,
    No, it is a matter of being worthy to take the Eucharist, just as the bible tells us.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What are the lyrics to Extraordinary by Mandi Moore? [ 1 Answers ]

What are the lyrics to Extraordinary by Mandi Moore? All lyric sites are blocked on my computer

Recording Extraordinary losses [ 1 Answers ]

Assume I suffered a $10 loss when my factory was destroyed in a flood. Assume floods are NOT common. We can assume tax is 3% When reporting the loss on my income statement am I supposed to report the entire 10 dollars, or 7 dollars? (everything left over after taxes)?

Australian Prime ministers [ 3 Answers ]

Who is the most influential Australian Prime Minister and Why

Prime ministers and presidents [ 8 Answers ]

My question is how do you think has more power- prime ministers or presidents and why? I`m not sure myself cause I'm in favour for presidential government yet still in favour for parilamentary government. Please help

View more questions Search