Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4myknowledge Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 05:07 PM
    Get paid for job requirements?
    I am required to earn CE credits for my job. I will be attending all day lectures outside of the normal work day to earn those credits. Should my employer be paying me for those hours that I am in lectures? Is it the law?
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 27, 2009, 02:53 PM

You are only require to be paid if the meeting is mandatory.

If you are doing learning or credits for a license or degree for your job and it is your choice than the company does not have to pay you for the time.

If the company says to you "You must attend this meeting, or you must attend this seminar" and you do not have a choice than they must pay you for attending.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requirements for np [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I start, as far as schooling, to eventually become a nurse practitioner?

Cna requirements [ 2 Answers ]

Someone had told me that if you become a CNA in some states you do and don't have to have your GED or your high school diploma. I tried looking online at different sites and I Get various different answers. My best bet would be to call the local center whose doing the training programs and...

Any requirements? [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any requirements in the state of PA to get leagaly married by a judge at a courthouse?

MD Requirements [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone here gone to med school with a non-science background? I have a BBA, and am wondering if I can do med school. Just want to hear what you guys think. Thx

View more questions Search