Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Nov 5, 2006, 02:13 PM
    Tesla Coil
    Does anyone have good plans for a vacuum tube tesla coil? I built the spark gap variety years ago and would now like to explore a vacuum tube version. I'm looking for something fairly small and manageable - not those massive designs with a gazillion volt potential . :eek: Thanks...
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2006, 02:45 AM
    First result for "vacuum tesla coil" on google: http://www.pupman.com/msrp/vt_mr.html

Looks promising? Let me know :)

And be careful :p
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Nov 8, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Thanks Capuchin - but I've already seen that site. That coil, in fact, seems a little bit anemic and the site link appears to be partially dead.

Anyone else have any suggestions - would prefer to hear from someone who has actually built one and has some useful experience... Thanks
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 03:31 AM
    Hi jgj, I came across this page http://amasci.com/tesla/tesla.html

Looks very useful. I haven't looked at it very hard so I don't know if its what you need but lots of links there :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Coil Cost [ 17 Answers ]

Have a home warranty that covers A/C. They will pay to replace the coil but tell me I will need to pay 95.00 for old coil disposal and 125.00 for freon recovery. Is this reasonable?

Size of A Coil for AC [ 8 Answers ]

Hi Guys I want to buy an AC 2 ton but I have a fairly large air plenum on my furnace about 20 by 22 inches and any AC’s that I have looked at come with a smaller A Coil so if I used this it would greatly reduce my air flow. The A Coil looks like it is meant for a furnace in an apartment size...

Coil stays on [ 2 Answers ]

Can you tell me why my coil is staying on

98 F-150 coil packs [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently purchased a 98 F-150 5.4L. When I test drove it it had no power and the engine studdered violently. When they repaired the truck they told me it was bad coil packs causing missfires. 10 days ago I picked the truck up running smooth and strong. Then yesterday it just started doing it...

View more questions Search