Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bill1898 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 02:08 PM
    My girlfriend won't date me anymore.
    My girlfriend says she does not want to be with me anymore because I was doing drugs, and not taking care of my life, and says to leave her alone. We have been together 10 years. How do I get her to want to try and fix this problem? She says we are done.
    Jayjay027 Posts: 153, Reputation: 31

Oct 26, 2009, 02:13 PM

Stop doing drugs, get your act together and start taking care of yourself.
    Get help!
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 02:47 PM
    Are you an addict? If so, get into detox, rehab, then a 12 step program like Narcotics Anonymous.

Get clean, stay clean, and work the program. It works.

No one here knows what will happen, but you stand a better chance of getting her back if you follow the program.

Here is the link:www.NA.org - the website for the Fellowship of Narcotics Anonymous

Go to a meeting tonight. It's anonymous, worldwide, and free. There's meeting near you tonight.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 26, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bill1898 View Post
    my girlfriend says she does not want to be with me anymore because i was doing drugs and not taking care of my life and says to leave her alone we have been together 10 years how do i get her to want to try and fix this problem she says we are done
    She put up with 10 years of this, I think she's done.

She's doing what's best for her and her life, now you have to do what's best for you and your life. First thing is to stop doing drugs, get into a program, get your life back on track.

Will she come back? It doesn't sound like it, and you can't stop drugs for her, you have to do it for you, otherwise it won't work.

She's doing no contact, which is a wise move.

It's hard, but it's time to move on without her.

Good luck.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 04:22 PM
    Sadly you can't make 'want' something when they don't want to.

Ten years of a druggie BF that didn't look after himself sounds like hell to me. You were the problem, now she's had enough.

Clean up your act, get off the drugs, get a hair cut, get a job. Whatever it takes. Ultimately, she may, or may not take you back.

Either way you'll be better off for it. With or without her.
    Cristy85 Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Oct 26, 2009, 06:40 PM

Well, I can see where she is coming from. I had a boyfriend of 5 years that was a meth addict, an I felt if he really wanted this relationship to work, he needed to get help. If you truly love her, quit the drugs, if you cant, get help, just remember it takes two. And maybe if she sees you are trying, she will consider working things out.
    janeramirez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2011, 05:03 PM
    The only way to prove yourself to her is go get help inroll in class show her you mean business! Or you will end up alone drugs not worth it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-girlfriend doesn't want relationship anymore [ 10 Answers ]

Ok right so basically I was going out with this girl for around 6 months and it was perfect. Everything was great apart from her living quite far away from me, but it was manageble. The one day out of the blue she calls me up and says she can't be in a relationship anymore, I ask why and she gives...

Not attracted to my Girlfriend anymore. [ 22 Answers ]

All right, thanks for taking the time to read my post and I am aware of the other posts on this particular subject but mine sways a bit differently than the others. I am 21 year old male that has been with my Girlfriend (20) since Senior year of High school 3 years and a couple months. I've had...

My girlfriend doesn't have sex with me anymore. [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, just really needed to get this off my chest and see if anyone has experienced the same probably or if someone could help with the situation with some useful advice. Me (20) and my girlfriend (21) have been together a year now, we had a healthy sex life just as new couples usually do,...

Girlfriend doesn't know anymore [ 5 Answers ]

I've been in a great relationship for about 3 years. Everything was perfect. During this time she start working at a new job and begins going to school. It's understandable that there's going to be stress. (We're both in the same situation). Also, people at work/school began badgering her...

My girlfriend won't talk to me anymore [ 2 Answers ]

So I just got dumped by a girl that I've worked with for a little over a year now. I had seen her around all of the time, and often fantasized about being with her because she was everything that I had physically wanted in another. I decided to start talking to her and got her number. We talked...

View more questions Search