Ask
    mooreed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 10:47 AM
    401k death mother
    I need to know how to go about checking to see if my mother had 401k
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 26, 2009, 11:08 AM

If you are the executor of her estate you should have access to her financial records, so look through her files for copies of old statements. Also, over the next few months keep monitoring her mail - if she has a 401(k) the plan administartor should send out a statement at the end of each quarter, so one should have arrived a week or so ago to cover the 3rd quarter, and you can expect the next in mid-January.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden death of mother [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know how to deal with the sudden death of my Mother. She was about to turn 60 then all of a sudden she was gone! It is so over whelming. My 6 year old always asks if I am crying cause I miss her and she tells me the Nana will always be in my heart, but I would give anything for one more...

401k and death [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancés is dying of cancer. His 401k has his 2 kids as beneficiaries, I was told that his creditors may be able to take the fund to cover his debts. Anyone know? J.

401k death disbursement [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ohio and my father in law just passed away. He was 64 yrs old. He had a 401K worth 85K. There are 4 beneficiaries, all his children (wife is deceased). What will be the process for disbursement, especially with regards to taxes and penalties? Thank you.

View more questions Search