Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trail2blazer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 01:05 PM
    thermostat wiring
    HI to everyone-- my older trane thermostat model taystat241 has a 5 wire hook-up Y1=yello W1=white--W2=blue--G=green--R=red----I want to hook up a honeywell RTH7500 programmable in it's place Need to know the best way, I'm confused by the guide!
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 01:36 PM
    See sticky post top of this page.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I'm want to install the thermostat on our Electric Furnace. The wire leading to the furnace is a two wire (BLACK AND WHITE WIRES) It's heat only. The thermostat has a W and an R on the back of the stat. The furnace terminal has Y,W,O,C,G,F. The WO has a jumper between them? The W has a White...

Wiring New Thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I'm installing a Honeywell RTH7000 thermostat in a house recently purchased. Not sure of all the technical details and options of HVAC system. It's carrier heatpump 38BYC with a FA4AN air handler (according to the plates), I don't know what options it may or may not have, other than spotting a...

Thermostat Wiring Help [ 2 Answers ]

I'm new to putting in a thermostat or working on anything like this, so please bear with me. I really appreciate any help you can give me with my problems. Ok, I have a thermostat that has only three wires attached to it. It has a red wire, a black wire, and a white wire. I have no clue ehat...

Thermostat wiring [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a special thermostat for an electric furnace with A/C/. Don't you Want the blower to come on as soon as the electric heat is energized? In other words the same time.

Thermostat wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a Hunter programmable model 44260 and trying to replace an old Honeywell for my heat and air system. The Hunter directions don't talk about a W1 & W2 terminals that the old one has.The Honeywell is wired like this - White wire on W1 ,blue onW2, green on the G, Red on Rc & Rh which are...

View more questions Search