Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JWGA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 01:52 PM
    Odor in home, changes location, house even seems unlevel now
    Our house has a smell that moves through the house (different rooms). It's several odors. It can be something like "human gas" to "stinky feet" to "dead rat" to "nasty fish". It will be awful on minute then a few minutes to hours later, it's gone. We notice it a lot at night (which is when we are home). My husband and I blamed each other for the smell the first few weeks. :o

Also, the house seems to have started becoming unlevel.

My theory is we are over a sink hole (the house was built about a year ago) and we are smelling the gasses rise up from under the house.

Any had any problems with land gas and/or sink holes?

Check out some similar questions!

Under house odor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a strong odor coming from the crawl space (about 18" high) under the house. It is acrid and earthy; strong and unpleasant. We have tested air for mold-no unusual problem. Made a french drain about 20 years ago around half of the house, still dampness in that half, but not wet or standing...

How to get rid of dog odor from house? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. Okay, I have been on vacation for the last 3 weeks. We had our neighbor taking care of our dog. We left him in our basement because he isn't trustworthy in the house alone. There is plenty of space down there and it stays cooler. Anyway - our neighbors have told us that he was let out a...

New house, old AG pool, unlevel [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, let me preface this that I have pretty much zero knowledge about pools. I didn't even want a pool, but it came with the house we just bought and the wife and kids really want it. The problem is the pool is seriously out of whack. It is a round pool that we measured at about 30' in...

Odor in House [ 6 Answers ]

I am considering buying a house, which I love, but there is an odor in the house that smells like sewage/urine. The house is winterized so the water is turned off... ie. There is no water flowing through the pipes. Could this be the cause of the smell since water is not flushing the sewage...

Oil odor throughout the house [ 4 Answers ]

There is an extremely strong oil odor through out the house. There is also a considerable amount of black crud on the basement floor by what I am assuming is the blower. Suggestions?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.