Ask
    chris griggs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 10:40 AM
    Chicken skin
    My arms look like chicken skin and itches
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 11:01 AM
    How long ago did this start? Do you have it anywhere else on your body?

Have you ever had chicken pox?
    jgj6331 Posts: 153, Reputation: 19

Nov 5, 2006, 01:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chris griggs
    my arms look like chicken skin and itches
    Chris,

Although it would be hard to nail down your diagnosis from your 8 word entry, there is a common condition - keratosis pilaris - which results in itchy skin that resembles "chicken skin". There is no cure, but it can be controlled with medication. You need to see a dermatologist to be absolutely sure and to get the proper treatment. Until your appointment, check out this site:

http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic211.htm

It even has a few pictures so you can compare them with your own. Hope this helps...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reheating chicken [ 7 Answers ]

Once you have cooked chicken and it is cool can you reheat it? QuEstBoy:p

Chicken pox or what? [ 24 Answers ]

Well, we have all been sick in some way or another in the last two weeks. I need an opinion of what you think this could be. All 5 kids were sick: 1 was vomitting, had a fever for two days, head throb for a few days, then she was fine. 2 started this whole mess, he had a headache and fever...

Chicken pox [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am pregnant for 4 months and never had chicken pox before. This weekend I am planning to see my teacher who's child has been infected with chicken pox. My teacher has not been infected maybe because she had it before. Now, I worry that my teacher might carry the virus (not infected by...

Can you ever get rid of chicken pox scars? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows hwo to get rid of chicken pox scars? Is it possible? Thank you

Chicken, ziti and broccoli [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone have a message for a chicken,ziti, and broccoli dish either with a light wine sauce or a light creamy sauce, they sell this in a lot of restaurants but i don't know what they use to make the sauce. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search