Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djwe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Stay at Home Career Objective
    I have been a stay at home mom for 20 years and now ready to reenter the job force. I am looking for an administrative / receptionist / office position. I have prior office experience. Can anyone help me with a real good career objective? Thanks
    smazhar2 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2009, 03:51 PM

I would skip the objective, instead do a summary of qualifications. Example:
    • 20 years providing executive level administrative experience including handling confidential high level information
    • Reduced costs by 75% and supported the organizational growth for
    • Skilled in word processing and accounting software, including x and x.
    • Accustomed to meeting tight deadlines.
    • Experienced in meeting planning and travel arrangements.

I would also recommend that you look at the volunteer work that you may have done at your children's school etc and see what skills relate to the position you seek.

Organize your resume by skills not jobs and in the area where you reference your positions fill the gap by including volunteer or contract projects you have done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old is old enough to stay home alone? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my 7 year old son (1st grader)... occasionally my husband picks him up after school and then leaves him home alone for a couple of hours so he can go back to work to finish a job. He is a business owner and sometimes it's crucial he gets back to finish something. He...

What could be the career objective for a fresher in aviation Industry? [ 1 Answers ]

This is very simple for many of you but not for me now, so try to think as a begginner in the corporate world and answer my question

General Career objective on resume [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all I just need help in what to write as a general entry level career objective on my resume. I'm planning to place it on Career builder and monster so I just want to have one as general. Thank you much in advance

Would you be a stay at home dad? [ 34 Answers ]

These days there are many women have the ability to earn more than there male counter parts. Would you be a stay at home dad? Why? And Why not?

View more questions Search