Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DYIGUY Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 07:16 AM
    Toilet Offset Flange
    I am replacing a toilet and need to move the waste line about 1 inch. How can I install an offset toil flange over existing one. Can I glue a new pvc offset flange into existing toilet flange / wasteline? My wasteline is 3" PVC.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Oct 25, 2009, 07:38 AM
    Hi DYI:

You cannot install an offset flange into the old flange... ;)

To install an offset flange you will need about 6 inches between the top of the 3" PVC elbow and the finish floor. You will need to cut the pipe above the elbow and then prime/cement the offset flange so the flange itself sits on top of the finish floor. You will also need to plan on opening up the hole in the floor abit to acommodate the offset in the fitting.

A typical offset flange will offset the piping 1.5".

Let me know if you have more questions...

MARK
    Attached Images

DYIGUY Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 11:34 AM

Thanks for the response massplumber2008. Much appreciated. Of coarse a bigger project than I anticipated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet Flange Offset or Replace Cast Iron Main with PVC? [ 1 Answers ]

Let me start by saying I am remodeling a small slab house in Englewood, FL. This cinder block house was built in 1950 and has a cast iron main sewer pipe under the toilet. I might add that I am not living in this house during the remodel. I am both new to remodeling and also new to this forum...

Offset flange not fitting [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I have a rough in of 15" for the toilet I just removed. I am trying to install an offset closet flange to get my new toilet a couple inches closer to the wall, but the new flange is 4" and my drain (or whatever it's called) into the ground is also 4". How do I get the offset flange in the...

Installing offset toilet flange [ 1 Answers ]

The 2x10 floor joist in right in the middle of where I want the center of the flange to be, how much of the floor joist can I legally remove so the offset flange will fit?

Offset cast iron toilet flange [ 3 Answers ]

I am remodeling an early seventies ranch built on slab. One bathroom has an offset flange of cast iron. There is only one t-bolt slot, located on the offset side. There is no place for a t-bolt on the 'close' side. The flange does not appear to be damaged, although there was a lot of rust that I...

View more questions Search