Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klaipeda Posts: 203, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2009, 02:43 AM
    A guy at work acting strangely
    Hi,
    I used to like a guy at work but he is married so when I understood that I cannot go with out anyway ( or he doesn't really like me to ask me out, though I probaby refused if he did as I have some morals, but before we had nice cooworkers friendship, joked arroung and to work together was fun there also was some flirting.. ).
    But then one day he suddenly changed, or it seems to me like- he went unfriendly and because I am sensitive in nature I decided to stop to behave like teenager- he is 10 years younger then me and it's another reason to be sensitive-he thinks am too old to joke around or pressing him in any way to pay attention to me maybe ( but I have strong insight and didn't think I did it)... I try to gave up thinking about him though it's difficult. But I also can see that he is kind of avoiding me- he does the job requires to have the assistant in the room-female axamination room he works in and all asistants are females at our workplace (apart from one male who is always bussy anyway and doing another kind of job). Whatever comes this guy I like never chooses me to be his assistance even for a couple of minutes,(the job doesn't require any brains , - its easy and nothing to do much for asistant- like cleaning the equipment and table, changing the bed)) he sometimes prefers to wait for another assistant if no one apart from me is available at the time.- I can see his avoidance showing up very much. I feel that as if he feels that I like or liked him and he is saying- "do not dare to touch me as I am married", for that reason,he avoids me and we don't communicate much at work anymore. I feel rejected by him constantly! ( I don't know how to explain). In fact if we see each other in the street we would pass by without saying hello to each other, it's true at least for me as I am hurt for his refusal to work with me...
    But what is most annoyng to me is that I constantly nottice with the corner of my eye that he is checking me up very often: watching towards my direction if am talking to someone, or doing something. He is often near to me as if he needed something suddenly to pick up or etc.If I am on the internet he is by accident close and 'takes his chance' to glance what I am doing,what pages am browsing .Etc.. These his glances, gazes are very annoying, I cannot forget him for good and behave like normal cooworker towards him,- I feel like in the cage lik under the microscope.That is wery annoying. Plese advice!:confused:
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 05:53 PM
    He's married but still playing games. He is very clearly sending you a message that he's not interested in interacting with you, but at some level he's still teasing you.

Best thing to do - ignore him. Go out for lunch with your other female co-workers, act as if he is unimportant to you, ignore him if he peers over our shoulder.

Yes, I'm sure it hurts because you used to friends, but the best thing is to leave him alone. You just have to accept that the relationhsip has changed and deal with it as best as you can. Focus on other things and other people, it will take time, but he'll become less important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cat acting strangely [ 0 Answers ]

My 2 year old female spayed indoor housecat is acting very odd. The fur on her back is spasming and she spins in circles licking and biting various areas of her body. She will then run wildly a few feet, stop and begin to lick profusely once again. She seems very agitated and is even hissing at me...

My girldfriend is acting strangely. [ 4 Answers ]

I've been going out with my girl for a year now.. we both have loved each other a lot.. and were crazy about each other until we reached college. in college she had a crush on one of my friend and then I came to know about it and she said she wants to break up.. I said OK. but den next day she...

Rabbit Acting Strangely (Breathing Difficulty, Maybe?) [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I hope you are well. I adopted a very young bunny (a few weeks old at the most) from a local shelter last night. About 10 minutes ago, the bunny started acting a bit strange. It started walking around its cage with its head held upward, and it opened and closed its mouth continuously. I...

Cat acting strangely [ 9 Answers ]

My 1 year old female cat who I think might be pregnant has been acting strangely today. She follows me around constantly and has been meowing with a low grunt like meow like she's hungry but when I feed her she doesn't eat. She also has been trying to take me to place under or behind the couch and...

View more questions Search