Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Oct 24, 2009, 06:11 PM
    Herpes outbreak
    Ok so I am 95% positive that I have herpes. Oh god I never thought I would be writing this one. It started with on sore, that turned into 2 that turned into so many I can't count anymore. This would be my first (knowledgeable) outbreak, and I am freaking out. I know I have to see my doctor but he is very difficult to see and I'm not sure whether I am supposed to call and ask for a physical or just a regular 'i need to see a doctor' Is it normal to have so many sores? Also I don't know HOW I am supposed to keep them dry and clean. This is the scariest thing I have ever experienced!! :(:(:(:(:(
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 06:26 PM
    I can imagine your fear. But first things first. Go to the doctor, call to make an appointment, don't get into specifics with staff, just tell them that you want to talk to the doctor. Then, when you two are behind close doors, show him, and have some tests done.

If you do in fact have herpes, the doctor will put you on medicine.

Just remember that things could be so much worse, like terminal cancer.

Whatever it is that you do have, learn to be responsible, and try your best to deal with it. Don't panic. I wish you the best.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 24, 2009, 08:54 PM

Just call and go to the doctor

Worry and doing nothing gets nothing done
    MamaLette Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 04:36 PM

Out breaks are different for everyone. I never heard of so many though? You really should go see a doctor
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 04:51 PM

Is this your regular, primary care physician or your gynecologist that you're having trouble getting in to see? If it's your primary dr, maybe you can see a gyno instead?
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Oct 25, 2009, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by britEl View Post
    Ok so i am 95% positive that i have herpes. Oh god i never thought i would be writing this one. It started out with on sore, that turned into 2 that turned into so many i can't count anymore. This would be my first (knowledgeable) outbreak, and i am freaking out. I know i have to see my doctor but he is very difficult to see and i'm not sure whether or not i am supposed to call and ask for a physical or just a regular 'i need to see a doctor' Is it normal to have so many sores? Also i dont know HOW i am supposed to keep them dry and clean. This is the scariest thing i have ever experienced!!!!! :(:(:(:(:(
    You might get in a bit quicker if you're honest... at least say that you are having a lot of pain due to some bumps on your vulvar area. Trust me... the folks at your doctor's office have seen/heard it all. Your main concern at this point is getting in and getting tested/treated. If you can get in while you still have these sores, they can diagnose you properly, plus treat you with an anti-viral. If you're on an anti-viral, you can go years between outbreaks.

You can have as little as one or two sores, or multitudes of them. There is no "normal" where herpes is concerned. Keeping the sores dry is not really a key focus any longer... keeping comfortable is. If you're going through a lot of pain or itching, a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 tea tree oil might be soothing.

Take care...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Resident Evil Outbreak file#2 AR max codes [ 2 Answers ]

Resident Evil Out Break File#2 AR max. Can anyone tell the AR max codes for this game?? I have tried codjunkies.com but it doesn't damn work! I found a working Code a long time ago but now I can't find it. Help. I Need the codes to enjoy the game, to stop the virus. THanks in Advance

Difference between herpes & herpes antibodies? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering, because I was told in February that I have genital herpes, and that my blood work was showing I was having a current outbreak, but I didn't have no soars, My gynecologist said that I been exposed to it and that I have the antibodies for it meaning that Its possible I may never get...

Herpes. What do you think? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, so I'm 18, just found out that I have contracted herpes at some point or another and now I'm a little confused. I've been with the same guy for the past 6 months and neither of us has messed around with other people. He was tested for STD but wasn't aware of the fact that they don't test for...

View more questions Search