Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 07:54 AM
    MuVo V100
    I hope you all can help me with this one. :confused:

My daughter just got a Creative MuVo V100 MP3 player for her birthday. Our computer meets and/or exceeds all of the minimum requirements. We have Windows ME (I know it's not the best, but got to live with it for now).

When I insert the install CD we get a message that our computer system does not support this device.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? This should install if we meet the Mim Sys Reqs, right?:confused:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2006, 08:04 AM
    It means that the software that comes with the device is not compatible with Windows ME and won't continue the installation. That's the bad news. The good news is that you may not need their software. Plug in the device into a USB slot on your computer and turn it on, if Windows sees it as another drive (ex. E:) then you are good to go. You can simply copy mp3 files from your hard drive to the device. If that doesn't happen then it's about time to upgrade your operating system.
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 08:07 AM
    Arghh...

I thought that was the problem, but looking on the MuVo box at the sys req it states "Microsoft Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP"

So, since my friend knew what that we had ME, she thought it was compatible and bought it.

I just remembered I have the Creative Soundblaster Cound card and the MuVo is by Creative. So could that mean that I could just plug it in like you said?
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2006, 08:28 AM
    That depends on ME's ability to detect USB devices. It's a long shot because when ME was released USB storage devices were in their infancy.
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 08:57 AM
    Keep your fingers crossed. Here goes!!
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 10:56 AM
    Waddya know it worked. Took a few minutes to figure out how to transfer the music. But we got her up and running now. THANKS!

OMG, now I officially have a teenage girl with an MP3 player. Ugggg! LOL

Thanks NK!!
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2006, 10:58 AM
    No probs. Now you get to learn all the cool songs! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search