Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DepigDisastric Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 03:02 PM
    My skin disfigured from mono, how to complete repigment?
    Hello, please I was using the monobenzone since last year I bought through Depigdistrict group, this summer I gaveup because my skin colour kept coming back and back. Last year at first my skin look great, light but all of sudden the colour started coming back this year, and has filled in except for a few spots. Body spot white but darker spot than my normal colour on the top of arm and face, melasma. What can I do? Please help, I no longer want their corrupt advices. I feel as this the worst mistake I made in life and cursed, does not want go away, remaining white patching.

BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 24, 2009, 03:07 PM

I'm sorry this had to happen to you. I hope others see this as a warning to stay away from such harmful products. I honestly wish you the best of luck. If I find out any information that will help your situation, I'll be sure to post it.

Oct 24, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply and assured, yes please let me know anyone what is best.
    haiji Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2009, 03:36 PM

You may've to go to the dermatologist,for repigmentation,but please don't tell the dermatologist that you used monobenzone on your skin.. you may need puva treatments or another repigmentation treatment... ok... you be strong,through this OK... god bless,your heart... and one more thing,did you used it straight out 20%... you should have mix the monobenzone with some almond oil for the skin,you could have lighten even...
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 09:27 PM
    I would think it would be best to be open and honest with your dermatologist so that he/she can know the best way to treat you and to not misdiagnose you? There are a few repigmentation therapies that your doctor may suggest such as psoralen photochemotherapy, topical psoralen photochemotherapy, Novitil treatment, oral psoralen photochemotherapy, Vitilex herbal remedy, depigmentation, etc.

Read these articles:
    http://www.dermabest.com/
    http://www.medicinenet.com/vitiligo/article.htm

Oct 24, 2009, 10:07 PM

Golden_girl.. I think I change my mind on monobenzone.. scary stuff... I feel so sorry for him,god will'be with him,I'll pray for him to get fix normal again..
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by haiji View Post
    golden_girl..i think i change my mind on monobenzone..scary stuff....i feel so sorry for him,god will'be with him,i'll pray for him to get fix normal again..
    That's good to change your mind on mono, as it can be unpredictable. Mequinol 20%/tretinoin may be an alternative as it has the ability to lighten and depig, I'm unsure if it will cause white spots or not.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Oct 24, 2009, 11:26 PM

Wowo depigdisatric
    Which member are you on the depigdistrict? :D
    mobster Posts: 105, Reputation: 0

Oct 25, 2009, 02:11 AM

I am sorry for your experience.

I have warned SOO MANY, PEOPLE in here.

To tell them that Mono is not a skin lightener.

Did it lighten the whole body, before it became spotted?

And how much percent did u use.
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Oct 25, 2009, 04:54 AM
    Don't listen to Haiji... you need to see a dermatologist and tell them that you used mono... they can only help you if you are honest with them, its better that your skin goes back to normal with the help of a doctor then have odd spots on you. Once you correct this then do what you want but my god fix this or you might risk more damage...

Oct 25, 2009, 08:31 AM

No harm,the reason why I said that,I didn't want him to get in trouble or something,that a precription medicine.
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 12:11 PM

His health is more important than getting fussed out for using something he should not have used. Covering up and telling stories will only make the situation worse if hese not honest to his doctor and may make his skin worse. It's a different case if he doesn't want to tell his friends, as it is none of their concern. But he should be open with his doctor and not cover up because the doctor is there to help him.

DepigDisastric this is the best way and I believe your skin can be repaired, so you should schedule an appointment with your derm asap so you can be on your way back to having normal healthy skin.

Oct 26, 2009, 01:36 AM

Thank yous Brown Desaml Golden
    Yes I started with 5% and use the many formula they given including almond glow, 5% arbutin, and my skin did lightened evenily to the light patch on my left arm you see above, and stayed light all last year, only January this year the color became back. I have try 20%, 40%, now 60% from many places after theirs but still the color came back almost all the way now and darkest on my face and arm tops.
    I am too ashame to go doctor I don't understand why the color camed back so fast but not at all at some spots. :(
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Oct 26, 2009, 03:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DepigDisastric View Post
    Thank yous Brown Desaml Golden
    Yes I started with 5% and use the many formula they given including almond glow, 5% arbutin, and my skin did lightened evenily to the light patch on my left arm you see above, and stayed light all last year, only january this year the color became back. I have try 20%, 40%, now 60% from many places after theirs but still the color came back almost all the way now and darkest on my face and arm tops.
    I am too ashame to go doctor I don't understand why the color camed back so fast but not at all at some spots. :(
    See a doctor now before it's too late, dermotogists deals with this type of stuff... if you think you are embarrassed now think about when you get a girlfriend if you don't already and she asks what those things are on your body or why you never turn the lights on. See a doctor and BE HONEST, they may be able to help you get your color back and depending on the doctor they may educate you on the correct way to depig. Also, bring the mono to the dermotologist and let he/she get a look at it, it might be 2% mono and the rest is baby powder for all you know. Keep us updating, I wish you all the best.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 03:40 AM

Those are fake white spots done on a computer,give me a break!
    I am a graphic artist and I can tell you that is a fake ,all the white spots.. fake!

You got Punked!
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 08:27 AM

Lmao arty you are so funny, can someone tell me how to upload pictures and ill show you some REAL WHITE SPOTS FROM MONO
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Oct 26, 2009, 08:31 AM
    I don't know artlady... I mean why would someone waste their time posting and putting fake pics up? :confused:
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Oct 26, 2009, 08:33 AM

Go onto tinypic.com,
    Then upload your photo
    Then select the IMG code and copy it and paste it into what you're writing here:)
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 08:45 AM

fairr I want to post on this thread

Oct 26, 2009, 10:37 AM

This was a fake... lol... what... uh... I'am confused...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still using mono for skin lightening [ 12 Answers ]

Hey everyone I hope its still safe to talk about mono on this site,, anyway here we go, so I've been on mono for about 4 months now my neck and chest are high yellow, the color of my dreams, face is yellow arms are becoming yellow with a few patches, back is yellow and legs are lightening evenly...

Do not do mono! [ 47 Answers ]

I was getting good results at first, when I ordered from india, then I started to develop spots throughout my body.. my face kept getting red and red, and I was hot the whole time. I got light with stops on my face, dark spots, my face is wrinky and ugly, and I've literally tried to kill myself.....

Could I have mono. [ 3 Answers ]

Could I have mono.. I have sharp pains (almost like hunger pains) in my upper stomach, in between ribs, my head feels heavy, headache, a sore neck, sore throat, stuffy nose, tired...

View more questions Search