Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nelsonwf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 11:40 AM
    How to remove a stuck shower drain cover?
    The shower drain is clogged. I can't remove the cover because it seems stuck The cover is round, secured by two screws (which I removed). It must either twist out or pop out, but it does not budge and I am concerned about using force. Suggestions?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 24, 2009, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonwf View Post
    The shower drain is clogged. I can't remove the cover because it seems stuck The cover is round, secured by two screws (which I removed). It must either twist out or pop out, but it does not budge and I am concerned about using force. Suggestions?
    If you've removed the screws then all that's holding it is the gunk around the edge. Stick a knife blade under the edge and pry it out. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower drain cover removal [ 28 Answers ]

I am trying to replace my shower drain cover because it is corroded. It has a slot in the center for a screwdriver, but the cover won't budge when I try to turn it. It looks like a lot of hard water deposits is holding it. How do I remove it?

Replacement Shower Drain Cover [ 5 Answers ]

We just had our master shower stall retiled and I am looking for a replacement shower drain cover but I can't seem to find one that fits. I already checked out the shopping.com website recommended here. I can use either a 4" or 4 1/4" diameter cover but the holes are set 2 7/8" apart. It seems all...

Shower drain cover [ 1 Answers ]

A plumber came to fix our shower and took the shower drain cover with him. He never return and I can't get a hold of him. Anyone know where I can purchase a 4-7/8" brass shower drain cover with 3 hold down screws?

How to remove damaged or stuck shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

How can you remove a damaged nor stuck shower drain

Shower Drain Cover [ 2 Answers ]

A year ago we had our shower retiled and the drain pan was not replaced only the drain cover. The installer did not use stainless steel screws causing the screws to rust and when I tried to replace the rusted screws one broke in the hole and the other won't budge. My question is, is there a...

View more questions Search