Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Pot legal in 2022
    Hello:

Nate Silver, of 538.com predicts marijahoochie will be legalized in 2022. He's been right on so far. It'll only have been 109 years that we were screwing over our people whilst we sipped Cabernet... It's OK. I'm ashamed for you.

excon
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 24, 2009, 10:23 AM

Evening Excon,

The only reason why I can see cannbis not being legalised is the fact that we are trying to educate people to stop smoking and therefore wouldn't in good taste to legalise another form of smoking

Obviously medical pot is on the increase and I think that is the only argument that I can see would work on the issue
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 10:26 AM

I've read the articles where the DOJ has recommended not prosecuting for small amounts of marijuana. It's just an evitability that pot will be legalized someday, but what day?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 24, 2009, 10:38 AM
    I really hope the next step will be legal recognition of the difference between marijuana and hemp. A new industry right now would be wonderful.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phlanx View Post
    The only reason why I can see cannbis not being legalised is the fact that we are trying to educate people to stop smoking and therefore wouldnt in good taste to legalise another form of smoking
    Evening, p:

I'd agree, except for the fact that nicotine is poison that KILLS, and marijuana isn't. So, it's MORE than good taste. It's life and death.

excon

Oct 24, 2009, 11:18 AM

Evening Ex,

Whereas I understand the difference between the two, and there is a big difference, the sure fact that cannabis is largely taken in with a certain amount of tabbaco

I appreciate that, teas, cakes, and bongs (Filled with blueberry slushy!) are all clean ways of consumption, we all know the majority will be inhalation

I do find it funny though that in the UK the police and hospitals have a nightmare on Fri/Sat evenings with drink related incidents

And yet, a bunch people sitting around a coffee table enjoying life causes only one problem - whose turn is it to put the kettle on :)
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 11:25 AM
    They should do it right and legalize all drugs.

I don't like having decisions made for me.
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Whereas I understand the difference between the two, and there is a big difference, the sure fact that cannabis is largely taken in with a certain amount of tabbaco
    Hello again, p:

Mixing tobacco with cannabis is a European thing. Here in the US, we smoke the pure stuff...

excon

Oct 24, 2009, 12:10 PM

Well I didn't know that - that explains how we see it being smoked in the movies - pain in the neck relighting it every single intake :)
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    They should do it right and legalize all drugs.
    Hello slap:

Correctamundo. Legalization, taxation, regulation and education along with treatment on demand, will REDUCE overall drug use, in my view. At the very lease it'll do a better job of keeping it OUT of the hands of children.

excon

Oct 24, 2009, 12:26 PM

After the prohibition of alcohol in the US it was decided that any banning of products leads to more problems than it tried to stop in the first place

So why do we have illegal drugs? Alcohol, prescription drugs, tobacco are all available and yet they are just as if not worst than your typical illegals

It's a nuts system we live in
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 12:36 PM
    pain in the neck relighting it every single intake :)
    Hello again, p:

Or, viewed another way, if it didn't go out between tokes, what a pain in the neck it would be seeing all that good smoke rise into the air instead of MY body.

excon

Oct 24, 2009, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, p:

Or, viewed another way, if it didn't go out between tokes, what a pain in the neck it would be seeing all that good smoke rise into the air instead of MY body.

excon
    Hahahaha, that prooves my point that there is always two ways to look at something :)

I understand that medicinal cannabis is legal in some states, as for europe, it is legal in some countries, tolerented in others and down right illegal in some

Here in the UK, the police went on a rampage clamping down on personal growers, growing for their own needs

This caused a massive vacuum, of which the viod was filled by mostly asian immigrants setting up 2000+ plant farms by renting out properties and converting them in every room

So here we have a typical example where nobody was hurting anybody except themselves if any and then the results played into the hands of organised criminals

What about yourself in your neck of the woods excon, what's the penalties?
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 03:37 PM
    What about yourself in your neck of the woods excon, whats the penalties?
    Hello again, p:

I live in Seattle, home of the Seattle Hempfest | August 21-22, 2010. The NW is known for the best homegrown pot in the world.

I also happen to have a get out of jail free card - I mean prescription for medical pot. But, because it's medicine, I promise not to enjoy it. ;)

excon

Oct 24, 2009, 03:46 PM

Excon

Always been curious about medical pot, is this the normal grown everyday skunk, White Widow, Ak47, northern lights, ice etc or is it a breed that is grown under regulations to control the strength?
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Hello again, p:

When the people passed the medical marijuana law, they didn't provide for any distribution. So, the bad news is you have to venture into the black market for your medicine.. The good news is you have to venture into the black market for your medicine..

Or, you can grow a few plants right from the comfort of your own home. I've got me some Northern Lights, some Kush and some Train Wreck. I even have a few God's Gift.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 04:11 PM
    Well I didnt know that - that explains how we see it being smoked in the movies - pain in the neck relighting it every single intake :)
    Don't know about you, but if my stuff doesn't go out when not toked on it's not that great stuff. Many years ago I had stuff that after one or two tokes it would go out and that stuff was worse than killer weed. It was Colombian Gold. No friend of mine could successfully smoke an entire joint without it going out. FYI the good stuff always goes out when not tended to. The inferior stuff happily burns away.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Oct 25, 2009, 01:15 AM
    The good stuff goes out because of the higher pollen content, the pollen retaining more moisture than the leaves and flowers. That's why I always liked just the pollen, you know, hashish.

Oct 25, 2009, 04:27 AM

Cheers for that cats, didn't know it was the pollen moisture rather than just poor combustability.

Oct 25, 2009, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, p:

When the people passed the medical marijuana law, they didn't provide for any distribution. So, the bad news is you have to venture into the black market for your medicine.. The good news is you have to venture into the black market for your medicine..

Or, you can grow a few plants right from the comfort of your own home. I've got me some Northern Lights, some Kush and some Train Wreck. I even have a few God's Gift.

excon
    Out of interest, do you grow over the nine months or do you place them under the liights for 3 months?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm I legal [ 2 Answers ]

My mom became a u.s citizen when I was 20 does that mean I'm to

Legal status (student visa) becoming legal resident? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am a legal resident green card holder and have been so for 28 years. I met someone and fell in love and got married. The problem is she is here on a student visa. I would like to know if it is possible for her to obtain legal obtain status. There are a few circumstances that I feel that may...

Is there legal visitation rights for nonbiological or legal parents [ 5 Answers ]

I am from South Dakota and I had met a man that had full legal custody of his infant son. The biological mother very rare saw the child and was not involved in his life. I started dating this man when the child was 8 months old and we were engaged by the time he was 11 months old. The child's...

Giving up legal right to pursue legal actions [ 8 Answers ]

I want to up all legal right to pursue legal action against my male partner before I give birth to my unborn child. How do I go about doing that? I mean I want it in written form that I give up the right to sue him for any type of child support or any type of care to my child. Also I don't want to...

Pet Fee Legal? [ 5 Answers ]

Our landlord in CA wants to charge us a "one time rent increase of $500" if we get a pet. We checked our rental agreement-- we did not have a pet when we rented-- it says that if we get a pet we need to have the specific written permisison of the owner. There is no dollar amount listed in the...

View more questions Search