Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BBOXER5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 09:25 AM
    My girlfriend of 3 years cheated on me.
    Hi I've been going out with my girlfriend for 3 years and she cheated on me with a guy in Uni. I love her to bits and we have an absolutely great relationship. This guy that she kissed is doing the same course as her and he has a girlfriend aswel. There only in 1st yr so they'l b around each oter for the next 4 yrs. She said she got really drunk and that they were only kissing for a few minutes. She told me straight away when she saw me (which was 2 days later) and she was crying a lot saying how sorry she was. I still love her but I'm finding it really hard to accept that she was wit another guy... What should I do!? Please help...
    Bonita-- Posts: 301, Reputation: 17

Oct 24, 2009, 02:02 PM
    I'm sorry that this happened to you. It's a tough situation because you love her but she has broken your heart and your trust, possibly forever. Whether you stay with her or not, it depends on whether you think you can get past this. Can you ever trust her again? Can you forgive her? Can you handle her being around the guy that she cheated with? These are questions you need to ask yourself. I suggest you have a talk with her, tell her how you're feeling and tell her that you need time to think. Take sometime and think about whether you believe you can get through this. See how you feel in a week and two from now because it is still fresh in your mind. Also, I just want to add that the whole "I was really drunk" thing is an excuse. No matter how drunk you are, you still know what you're doing, so don't believe that excuse.

Anyway, as I said take sometime to think about it because it's still fresh and you may feel differently about the situation in a few weeks time. I hope that everything works out for you.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 24, 2009, 02:20 PM
    No trust = no relationship

In addition to getting some distance from her so that you can reflect on what happened, you need to decide whether to give her another chance to earn your trust back.

If you're not satisfied with her progress in earning your trust back, then it's time to call it quits.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BBOXER5 View Post
    ...She said she got really drunk nd that they were only kissing for a few mins.
    I hope she didn't expect you to believe that. She wouldn't cry as hard as you say she did if she just kissed him.

She cheated on you and is now lying to you. First thing to do is get a blood panel.

Break up with her, for the obvious reason but also because she just started college, and college and relationships are oil and water.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 24, 2009, 03:35 PM
    She gave in to her drunken passion, okay, if you forgive her, see if she still drinks, and puts herself in those positions again, so while your hurt and confused, pay attention, so you can see if she is remorseful, and doing the right things to get your trust back, or just repeating a bad pattern. You don't get to keep bringing it up and revisiting your hurt over this if you forgive.

If you can't forgive her, and work to get beyond this, I think you break this off, and leave her alone.
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Oct 24, 2009, 08:59 PM

I got cheated also with my girlfriend of 3 years. If I were you I would break it off, once a cheater always a cheater. I don't trust her excuse.
    jayson1993 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 09:07 AM
    This happened to me. Last year. I'm still with her but I have no trust for her and nor will I ever. I'm always thinking of it. Every time I see the guy and here his name. It pops back in my head. It's something you don't forget. I wish I would have just broke up with her forever. There are so many other girls out there. I have not cheated ever in three years and she has twice. Don't make the mistake I did. I find myself regretting not breaking up with her. Because after there first time there was a second I'm waiting on a third. I have no trust for her and I'm lifeless. There's no cheer in our relationship unless were together because I can't trust her. I hate her. I wish it was easy to end it but it's not. I hate her I hate her I hate her. Don't make the mistake from one guy to another there's more girls out there. So many more girls I just wish I had the guts to end it for good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend cheated after 2 years and is now pregnant. [ 8 Answers ]

Let me start by saying that we are 100% sure that I am not the father. I love my girlfriend very much. But after 2 years she had a one night stand with an ex after we got into a fight and is now pregnant with his baby (And she no longer keeps contact with that ex). She says that she will...

I cheated on my Girlfriend, What to do about it? [ 60 Answers ]

Ok lets go through the run down of what happened. I was at my friends house for a small party and during the night I became rather drunk and player some strip poker (which I won but that's not important really) after which a girl at the party and myself started flirting and stuff. Now the bad part...

Cheated on my girlfriend [ 51 Answers ]

So this is the first time I've ever made a mistake like this, but I fear it has caused irreparable damage to our relationship. What happened was; a female friend of ours was kicked out of her parents house and my girlfriend and I offered our couch to her. Well sometime during the night after...

My girlfriend just cheated on me [ 30 Answers ]

My girlfriend just cheated on me what should I do should I tell her to break up with him and go back out with me?

Has Girlfriend cheated on me? [ 9 Answers ]

Ok, where do I start? I 've been with this girl for 1 year now. She is at University in Glasgow (scotland) and is 25, while I'm a Van driver working in London (England) and I'm 26. Before going out (dating) with me she was going out a guy who was an aquantance(think its spelt right) of me and my...

View more questions Search