Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yhony Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 07:24 AM
    How can I get more business in my small housekeeping company?
    I started my housekeeping business on April 2009, Ive sent flyers and postcards, but I only have 3 regulars customers... What do you recommnend ?
    Thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 08:21 AM

You might take out an ad in your local newspaper - one or two lines is sufficient to generate new busienss.

If the customers are out there they should respond to this ad. Don't be discouraged. Flyers and post cards are expensive though. An ad is cheaper in the long run.

When I worked at a business that sent out postcards we had a come back rate of about 9% of all the cards we sent out and that was in 2008 when money wasn't as tight as now.

Don't be discouraged right now. Things have to pick up.

Also, if you have cable TV you might want to look into the banner that is run on the bottom of the weather channel during the local weather forecast. Those usually run about $5-$7 a day. You could run your banner for one week and see if that garners you any new customers. Call your local cable TV provider and see what specials they have for advertising. (Just a thought).
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 24, 2009, 09:40 AM

Sorry Twink, I said 'Tick' in my comment... :o

For my wife's company (she sold it after 4 years) we hand drew a picture of an 'ol fashioned cleaning lady, similar to a heavy set British Maid and had 2,000 run off. We went every day to put them on doors, mail boxes, etc. Her initial return was great, but most of her business came from referrals from satisfied customers.

But... she was always politely asking her customers and friends for these referrals, something that you have to do to help get new business. You can never stop selling... If you spoke with a potential customer and nothing happened... call them back, follow up constantly.

She had 4 houses in the first month and after 4 years she had 52 houses and she had 6 employees. She sold it for a very nice profit.

Stringer
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 01:59 PM

Sorry, Stringer, but the postcards I was referring to had nothing to do with a cleaning business. It was for manufactured housing. We still had a lot of folks come by the display lot holding the cards!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 24, 2009, 02:15 PM

I see, that would have been a terrific return Twink.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Hi, yhony!

The personal, in-person kind of marketing and communication, is of course, the best. It's also good to take advantage of other ways that a person might market themselves. One of those ways, would be to advertise on the Internet without it costing you anything and maximizing your exposure for where people are looking for what you do, where you want to do it.

If you would like some adivice and help with Internet marketing, please let me know on this thread.

Thanks!

Oct 26, 2009, 04:34 PM

Yes please how does that work? I have no idea on how to advertise on the internet... thanks?
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Hi again, yhony!

What time zone are you in, please?

Please also click Here, Here and Here to find ads about my own businesses that haven't cost me anything to post ads.

But, there are many other ways that people can find, on the Internet, what I can do for them. Those were just a few examples...

Thanks!

Oct 26, 2009, 06:29 PM

Hi I'm on mounttain time
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2009, 06:37 PM
    Hi again, yhony!

Did you click on the links that I had provided?

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SOL on a Business to Business Small Claims Court [ 6 Answers ]

Our case is that we purchase of a software "PICK" 3 user licence, Oct 1 st 1997. It did not come to our attention that it was illegal till March 2007. We ended up filling a Small Claims court suit for $10,000 for our money back. Today the jugde refused our claim saying SOL had expired,...

Looking for small town business-to-business service need I'm qualified for [ 5 Answers ]

I hope someone out there can help! Some entrepreneur who's already made this discovery and who can hep me do similar. Seems everything I can think of nobody would pay any $ for me to do. I am 7 yr stay at home MOM w/ 2 kids now just both in school and I really need to find work I can do to...

Small Business Company Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How do you get insurance for a new small business company? What service providers do I need to look at? My setting is in Washington, DC. What are the best places for small business insurance?:confused:

View more questions Search