Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glura Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 09:21 PM
    Frigidaire washer - motor buzzing, no agitation or draining
    Washing Machine: Frigidaire Gallery Top Load model FWS845GCS0 (purchased in '96)

Was doing laundry the other day and I heard a buzzing noise from the machine. It stopped, and then I heard it a little later. I went to check it out and found the machine full of water, but not doing anything. I think the timer showed it around the rinse cycle.

I took out the clothes and some of the water. I then tried different phases of the washing cycle on the timer. It would fill with water, but any phase that required agitation would cause the buzzing sound.

I took the front panel off and could tell the buzzing was coming from the motor.
    I unplugged and could turn the belt by hand, so the motor didn't appear to be stuck.

Any thoughts or suggestions to troubleshoot? I've seen some posts for other machines and it almost sounds electrical.

Thanks,
    Gary
    glura Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 05:37 PM
    Any suggestions on troubleshooting the issue?

Thanks,
    Gary

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Frigidaire washer leaking/not draining/smells like something is burning [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Frigidaire washing machine . When a load of clothes was washing water leaked all over the floor. The machine was still running but the knob looked like it was at the end of the cycle, like the load was done. The tub was still full of water. It smelled like something was burning. ...

Slow washer agitation [ 1 Answers ]

I already had the coupler fixed on my washer and now it is doing a slow agitation to wash my clothes. My clothes are not really being washed as good as they did. The water is draining and everything else is working fine, just slow agitation. What could be the problem and could I fix it by buying...

Noisey agitation in maytag washer [ 4 Answers ]

I have a maytag washer that is 2 years old. It has started to make a loud squeaky noise when agitating in the wash and rinse cycle. Can you please tell me what is making this noise and how can I fix the problem? Thanks, Spookyboy

View more questions Search