Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rick20j Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 04:31 PM
    1992 chevrolet blazer fuel pump electrical problems
    When I turn key to start position, I have power on pump side of relay but when in run position pump side of relay is dead .if I hold key on and keep cranking engine power stays on pump side of relay ,as soon as you let go of key to run pump side dead . If I turn key to run without trying to start I have 5 to 7 second initial burst for fuel injection , then pump side dead. Can anyone help me , I am to the point of total frustration
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2009, 06:19 PM

Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting. My bet is that the ignition switch is bad. Not too difficult to replace.
    RUSTYSHACKLEFOR Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 09:12 PM

The ecm won't turn on the pump relay when key is on but the engine is not cranking or running. It will power up for a few seconds when first turned to run position but if ecm does not get an rpm signal it will open relay. Check for power AT the fuel pump. Should be a gray wire. Don't over look the ground. Black wire bolted right to the frame. If power and ground are good at the connector the problem is either in the sending unit or the pump is shot. Gm never did make a very reliable fuel pump especially in a blazer. If it is the pump make sure you also replace the fuel filter or you will be changing the pump again very soon!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 honda civic fuel pump relay location [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to locate the relay on my 1992 honda civic, can you help? Thank you.

1992 honda accord. Wheres the fuel pump relay [ 7 Answers ]

I need to know where the fuel pump relay is for my 1992 honda accord

1992 Honda Accord Fuel Pump working off and on [ 1 Answers ]

My car will start sometimes but when it does it only runs for like three minutes. It doesn't studder out it just cuts out. Then I found out when I crank the key the fule pumps but when the key goes back to the run position the fuel pump stops pumping. I changed the fuel filter and that didn't work....

Honda accord fuel pump replacement 1992 [ 1 Answers ]

Where is the fuel pump located for replacement on a honda accord lx?

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I test the fuel pump on a 1992 honda accord? On other models there is a way to short the pump at the relay and you can tell if the fuel pump is working or not. Is there a way to do this on the 1992 honda accord lx?

View more questions Search