Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donnieg0065 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Need website to look up discharge date for no charge
    Is there a website that you can access to look up a previous bankruptcy at no charge to get the discharge date?
    DisabledinMD Posts: 68, Reputation: 0

Oct 24, 2009, 02:44 AM

Only if you have court websites that make court summaries available. Some states do, but not all. In Maryland, they are available via a court record search from the MD Courts website. Try using Google or your states' main website, to find a link to the court system website, and any court search pages.

You don't mention what state you live in, possibly someone here lives in the same state and can point you in the right direction.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DisabledinMD View Post
    Only if you have court websites that make court summaries available. Some states do, but not all. In Maryland, they are available via a court record search from the MD Courts website. Try using Google or your states' main website, to find a link to the court system website, and any court search pages.

You don't mention what state you live in, possibly someone here lives in the same state and can point you in the right direction.

You are aware that bankruptcies are heard in Federal Courts, they are not filed in State or local Courts, right?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2009, 03:56 PM

There is NO available Federal website to look up bankruptcys. None free that is. You can pay to look up bankruptcy filings but it's going to cost a pretty penny to do so. You can access the Federal website for the particular jurisdiction where the bankruptcy was filed but the only information you can get for free is the person's name and the date they filed the bankruptcy. Nothing else is available for free.

And the bankruptcy courts have absolutely nothing to do with State or county courts as JKT stated above.

You must go in person to the Federal Courthouse to look up anything "free" and it must be that particular Federal Courthouse and not some other courthouse where the bankruptcy was filed as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much to charge for a website [ 5 Answers ]

5 page TEMPLATE website - $150.00 2 page CUSTOM website - $400.00 Is this too much. I think this is really affordable! I have been advertising this like crazy and I haven't heard any responses. I did research and usually websites are super expensive! More than 1000 for a simple one and if you...

Website to track the progress of your bankruptcy Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hello; I am glad that I found this site, I am hopefull that someone can answer a question for me. I am waiting on my Bankruptcy Discharge papers to come in the mail, I am in need of a better car, I live in Columbus, Ohio, I have no heat in my car, it is freezing here and either the transmission...

Final Court Date for theft charge [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Ontario and was charged with theft under $5,000. The problem being it was from my employer. I am 19 (18 at the time) and have a perfectly clean record, am a high school graduate and will be starting college in the fall. I just made a mistake and did an extremely stupid thing from which...

How Much Should I charge to Teach People to Host their Own Website [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I can teach someone all the steps required to have a website. And supply them with a simple application that they can use to maintain their website. How much should I charge. Also how would I market my services. Cheers Possum..

View more questions Search