Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ridernotreno Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 02:21 PM
    switching thermostats
    Hello,
    I bought a new globe thermostat to replace an old mercury one. I have 6 wires,
    the C,G,Y,W are no ploblems but it is the O (orange wire) and X (purple wire that confuses me.
    The new thermostat is the 59010 globe model.
    I suspect the orange is for the heat pump that I think I have and the purple lead to a terminal that connected to nothing in the back.
    The globe thermostat has the same receptacles as the other one mentioned.
    So the question is, where do the orange and the purple wires connect too.
    Phoning Globe has been a non-event.
    thanks
    ridernotreno Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 03:10 PM

I also forgot to mention the red R wire. The white was connected to W1 and jumped to W2.
    Not sure if this tstat works for my system either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from H1B to F1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on H1B status and would like to switch to F1 status because of the economic situation and fear of getting laid off. My questions are: 1) Is it possible to do this, and what are the chances of getting approved with the fear that the change might question my intentions to return...

Switching Thermostats [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to change a faulty thermostat and the old one had a red wire connected to terminal rh with a jumper to rc, and a white wire connected to w with a jumper to y. The new thermostat I bought (cheap replacement) only has terminals w r g y. Will this thermostat work? I have tried hooking...

Switching from one to another [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new computer about 7 months ago and it has the new Windows Vista Home Basic. It's okay but I'd rather have my Windows XP back. Is there a simple way to remove the Vista and program XP on my computer?

Switching Thermostats [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell LR69071 thermostat in the house now with: G,O, Y, X ,W, R and the thermostat I am switching to has RH, RC, Y, W, G. Is it possible to interchange these thermostats? I would appreciate any help I can get on this.

2w switching to 4x4 [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to switch from 2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive high whilst driving or do you have to stop, put the truck in neutral and then put into 4high?? The truck in question is a 2004 F150 fx4 off road Thanks in advance to those of you who answer Clanmac

View more questions Search