Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cacb4 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2003, 08:31 PM
    Puppy worm medication
    How often should you give worm medication to a 4 to 5 lb toy rat terrier that is 6 months old? ::)
    Dominique Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2003, 02:38 PM
    puppy worm medication
    As often as your vet says he has worms.

Please do not regularly worm any puppy that doesn't have worms. Wormers are poison, and with such a small puppy you are moving in dangerous territory.

Having a pup tested for worms is inexpensive and happens while you wait.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2003, 11:47 AM
    puppy worm medication
    Puppies should be wormed when they have signs of worms. In addition to that, unless you live someplace blessedly free of mosquitoes, it should be checked for heartworm as soon as they appear. Then put it on a preventative. I keep my puppieson Heartguard + year around. That way I do not have to have them checked for heartworm and the Heartgard+ has ingredients that protect against other worms too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Worm in puppies [ 2 Answers ]

My puppy is a 18 week old mix Australian sheppard, and he has roundworms - first sign on Sunday. I brought him to the vets for a deworming on Monday 8am, and he also got his first vaccine, so since Sunday he will not eat a thing. He is lethargic and vomits about once every two hours (few worms),...

Medication [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering , according to Michigan law, can an intern prescribe meds?

W32.Welchia.Worm [ 1 Answers ]

Have W32.Welchia.Worm in my Presario 715us Laptop. Norton can't remove or Quarantine it. The only people I know that can help are on vacation. I went to http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.welchia.worm.html#removalinstructions But the instructions seem too difficult for...

Sasser.B.Worm [ 3 Answers ]

Was recently infected by Sasser.B.Worm virus. I loaded the Microsoft patch and the Norton Anti-Virus correction tool. Norton now says that their scan does not detect the virus. Part of Norton's instrcutions was to use their software to quarantine the infected files, which I did. ...

View more questions Search