Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alejandro wirtz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2009, 10:08 AM
    My son 17 was charged with burglary in car
    My son was charge with burglary entering an automoble, was not found in posesion of anything and was not identified by the victims, one victim addmited to recognizing him by the jeans, and said she could not see his face because he had a white tee shirt on his head, this was supposely at around 12pm, in the dark, police released him to me and then asked me to bring him back, I brought him back and he was charged because another kid who admitted to the burglary pointed the finger at him, my son son ran from the scene when he saw his friend entering a car. Later the next night my son was caught again with the same charges. I live in Argentina and I am here on a business trip, I don't have that much money, but I am sure there are some charges that can be dropped, as I asked the polic to not interrogate him if he did not have a lawyer or me present, they told me they would arrest me if I did not turn around and go home, they phisicly pushed me away and verbaly abused me, and they began hittig my son as this was happening,

Has someone been charged with the same? And what happened to you?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alejandro wirtz View Post
    I dont have that much money,
    Hello alejandro:

Nobody has the funds to cover these kinds of unexpected events just laying around... Nonetheless, your son needs the best criminal attorney you can afford.

excon
    SmellyDogsMom Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Oct 25, 2009, 07:44 AM

I am not sure where this happened. If it was in the U.S. and this is your son's first brush with the law, little will happen.
    WBear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2011, 05:32 PM
    Alejandro
    First off if your son can prove that he was not near the car and he had no prior knowledge of what his friend was going to do, then he will need to go to court. If you can not afford a lawyer, they have to give him one free of charge. The bad thing is that at his age {17} he can be tried as an adult. I am not sure where you are at, but if you can talk to the attorney's and have your son tell his side of the story, then it will be up to the Judge and/or Jury. I wish you the best of luck.

Wizardwitchery
    AJ1962 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 22, 2011, 01:39 AM

After all said and done, someone will be held accountable for the event/s. Your sons friends may have a different story to tell. The judge will not likely release all defendants and ask the victim to absorb damages. In cases like this, the kids will point figers at each other, and you as a parent have to realize the price for allowing your son to have such friends.

Be fair to yourself, and follow the rationale above, then tell the judge something meaningul.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2011, 04:46 AM

This is from October 2009 - there are more current threads which are unanswered.

Please keep an eye on the dates.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burglary w/o investigation result [ 3 Answers ]

Our house was burglarize and the police officer caught a suspect with some of our belongings. The suspect told the police that he still have 2 accomplished. After filing a complaint , and the public lawyer called us to attend the hearing which was postponed the lawyer told us that he will just...

PA Burglary,Criminal Trespass [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I recently stole some items from 5 different places with a friend(bad influence). Anyway I had 34 felony charges ranging from Burglary,Criminal Trespass,Receiving Stolen Property. Recently they offered a plea agreement of 2 Burglary Charges Felony 2--,2 Criminal Trespass Felony-3, 1 Theft by...

Conspiracy and burglary charge [ 12 Answers ]

If my co-defendents and I state we did not go into a store to steal shouldn't they drop the conspiracy charge

Burglary sentencing? [ 2 Answers ]

My b/f has been charged with burglary and is due to be sentenced in crown court, he has admitted the offence(they have cctv) he was caught in one of huddersfields capture houses, he does have a bad criminal record and has been in jail afew times( one quite recent) but has never been charged with...

Can I break my lease because of a car burglary [ 1 Answers ]

A bunch of cars were broken into this morning including mine. First for my car but, second time this has happened. Can I break my lease because of this? Is the parking lot considered a common area? The landlord must provide safe conditions to all common areas. Thanks

View more questions Search