Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvccruiser Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 08:37 PM
    3 piece rough in help
    Is this a 3 pice rough in the pipe on the right is 3 in the middle is 2 in id I think itvents threw the roof the one on the left is 2in id. The pipe on the right is for a toilet of course
    But how do I get a sink and tub into the left pipe

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 5, 2006, 08:33 AM
    If there's nothing draining into the vent then a sanitary tee can be cut in at 17 1/2" off the floor to the center of the tee. If you keep the arm at 2" you may arm out to 5' for the lavatory stubout. If you hold to a 1 1/2" arm you may only arm out to 3 1/2'. As for the 2" pipe on the left, pour some water down it. If it were meant for a shower there will be a trap and you will have standing water in the line 3 or 4" deep. If not then the cement will have to come up and a trap installed unless you wish to build a wall and use it for the lavatory. Of course that will eliminate the shower. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell thrmostat- what is this piece? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm no electrician so bare with me... it a round thermostat that says honeywell in middle.. took the ring surrounding it off... can see the dial and screws that mount it but there is this adjustment slider thingy at the bottom.. what is it and where should I have it placed... also the person who...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

I am in the process of installing a bathroom in my new garage addition, and am seeking input for the 36" Sterling shower enclosure. 1) Instruction state that back and side walls can be attached to bare studs or over water resistant wall board. Any opinions on which is best? 2) The base I plan to...

4 Piece Shower Enclosure [ 3 Answers ]

"Do they make a drain receptor with female threads on the inside that could be glued to the 2" pipe afer the base is set, and with the drain grate screwing into that?" They do but I'm not too sure you can use it on a manufactured shower base. It's called a "flange type shower drain", (see image)...

A piece about forums in general, but mainly this one. [ 130 Answers ]

Please note this is a long rant, but I'm in that kind of mood. I have been active on this type of forum for many years. I started on the excellent WHQuestion, now dead, and have been active on a lot of other sites. Overall I have had a lot of fun and games and met some very fine people and had...

One piece shower leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have a one piece shower that is leaking. I have taken the quarter round off around the front of the shower unit and the adjacent base boards and water is slowly seeping out from under the shower. The quarter round trim was very wet. Is there anyway to get the remaining water out from under the...

View more questions Search