Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meh Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Theft under 5000
    Ok me and 2 other guys got caught for theft under 5000, the total cost of the items was4300 or something... Im the only one over 18, others are 16 my share of the thngs was approx 1200... I was just wondering what kind of punishment am I looking at? This is my first offence, I haven't so much as sneezed towards crime before.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Where do you live?

Nov 5, 2006, 01:30 PM
    Canada, also this was from an employer and I was wondering is it going to be hard (if not impossible) to get this pardoned?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 03:26 PM
    You should have stolen it before your turned 18…

Anyway, it's your first offence, get yourself a lawyer, and hopefully you will not get any jail time.

As for the pardon…

Who can qualify for one?

Here are the guidelines set out from the Government's website:

1. Have you been convicted of a federal offence as an adult?
    2. Has it been at least three (3) years since you completed your sentence?

IF you answered “Yes” to both questions then you may be eligible to apply for a Pardon.

Note: “Completed your sentence” means that you have paid all fines, costs, surcharges, and made restitution or compensation, and completed any order of probation, conditional sentence, and incarceration (which includes time on parole and statutory release).

For more information visit www.npb-cnlc.gc.ca/pardons

Main website: http://www.npb-cnlc.gc.ca/

Nov 5, 2006, 08:53 PM
    Thanks... I won't have any problem paying off the fine.
    Kingdom7 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 03:20 PM

What happens if he did it while under 18 say at 17 years old also would all his information(past record) be deleted when he turns 18?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under $5000 x7 [ 23 Answers ]

About a month ago I was charged with theft under $5000 times 7 (cause I had items from 7 stores). The store the caught me called the police because I had items from other stores besides there's, and the police gave me a court date and a fingerprint date (I have already gone to get fingerprinted),...

Theft Under 5000 [ 7 Answers ]

My son was arrested for stealing cigarettes from a store he worked in. The cops came into his apartment and searched his place with no search warrant and then arrested him. He is 18 years old and we live in Canada. What should I do? Hire a lawyer? Could he get jail for this? Yes, it was a moment...

Theft under 5000.. [ 7 Answers ]

Last year, I was charged with theft under 5000. And just as usual I went to court , but the thing is that this was my first offence. So they were very easy with me, I had to do some diversion program and you I did that. When back to court and I was free too go. Some people told me that when I...

Theft under 5000 [ 4 Answers ]

Today I had a friend arrested for theft under 5000 The situation is: She was in a large grocery store, she put all her grocery in a plastic bag and was looking at the flower section INSIDE the store when the security arrested her and then the police took her and detained her in a cell for the...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Hello 7 years ago I stole something and got caught... I was charged with theft under 5000 and I had to pay back the money, do community service and see a probation officer. I can't remember if this was a conviction or not, and whether I need a pardon... I was told by someone that I don't need a...

View more questions Search