Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve3656 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 06:29 PM
    Honeywell Rth7000 Thermostat
    I just bought a honeywell rth7000 thermostat, i am installing in a old house that only uses 2 wires, one is green and the other brown, can anyone advise me how to connect these 2 wires to this unit i am not sure exactly where to connect them to on the honeywell thermostat--thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 07:00 PM
    If it will work with only 2 wires, connect one to the RH, and the other to the W. It might be best if you checked to see which one connected to the R terminal at the furnace or directly to the transformer and made it the one connected to RH. See
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-40771.html

It may need batteries for power.

Nov 4, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Labman thanks for your reply, there is no RH on the RTH7000, its labeled C, G, Y, W, RC, R, PLEASE ADVISE
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 08:14 PM
    OK the red wire goes to R. If you have A/C, but only one transformer, jumper R to RC.

Nov 4, 2006, 09:22 PM
    I don't have a/c its just a oil burner, so are you saying that I should connect the Green(ground wire) to C and the brown(hot wire) to R, then should I remove the jumper that connects Rc to R?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2006, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by steve3656
    I dont have a/c its just a oil burner, so are you saying that I should connect the Green(ground wire) to C and the brown(hot wire) to R, then should I remove the jumper that connects Rc to R?
    Just connect one wire to R it doesn't matter if jumper is there for R-Rc or not. The other wire goes to W.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Should My Thermostats Panel Operate On The 2 Aa Backup Batteries Or Be Hardwired To Common And Have Batteries As Backup When Power Is Out? Panel Lights Up With Batteries In, Does Not Without Batteries. Don't Know Where Common Wire Originates From. Can I Splice Into One Of The Other Wires, G, Y,...

Honeywell thermostat [ 11 Answers ]

I installed a Honeywell CT87A 4447 thermostat this summer. It worked fine with my air conditioning, but I am having a problem with it controlling my furnace. It will turn the furnace on and I can turn the fan on manually, but when set to auto the fan does not come on. The thermostat has the...

Please Help w/Replacing Honeywell Thermostat... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've just removed my Honeywell Thermostat and am trying to replace it with a Noma programmable tstat... but am having problems with the wiring. There are 5 wires coming out of the wall - Green, Black, Orange, Red and White, and only 4 posts on the Noma tstat (Green, Red, Yellow and White). ...

Honeywell Thermostat RTH230B [ 4 Answers ]

I see there are a few questions on this one, but mine seems simple. I have Red, Yellow, Green and White leads from the old Thermostat. I have no idea where to place the leads, in the channels under the screws or the channels on top. My leads do not reach from out of the wall to go under, and if it...

Honeywell Thermostat RTH230B [ 14 Answers ]

I have 6 wires to connect. The colors are as follows: W, Y, G, B, O, and R. The thermostat calls for W, G, Y, Rc, and Rh. Where do I plug in the R and what do I do with the B and O? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

View more questions Search