Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sivmonkeo2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 12:09 AM
    "No signal" on monitor
    My monitor displays " No signal" after start up. It works fine on my friends monitor... what could be the problem. I have trieed dchanging the resolution on the monitor from the safe mode screen tono avail. Please help.I am at my wits end!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 04:43 AM

There computer is not connected to the monitor. That could be because of a bad cable or the monitor may be broken. Changing the resolution isn't going to help.

If a friend's monitor works fine then you should check the monitor cable. Look for a bent or broken pin in the connector. If the monitor uses a cable that can be disconnected (some are hard-wired at the monitor end), get another monitor cable. If that doesn't work, your monitor is likely broken.
    sivmonkeo2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Perito View Post
    There computer is not connected to the monitor. That could be because of a bad cable or the monitor may be broken. Changing the resolution isn't going to help.

If a friend's monitor works fine then you should check the monitor cable. Look for a bent or broken pin in the connector. If the monitor uses a cable that can be disconnected (some are hard-wired at the monitor end), get another monitor cable. If that doesn't work, your monitor is likely broken.
    Thanks Perito, Will try changing cable and use another monitor at work today. Will let you know how that fairs.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 10:00 PM

If monitor is working on another machine, it would indicate that your video card has taken a dump, replace video card

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"No Signal" on Monitor; PC power on but not booting up [ 5 Answers ]

I have a PC I built about 6 months ago that I've never had any problems with. Now when I turn it on I get "no signal" on my monitor. The problem is not the monitor though... the PC does not give any "beeps" or show signs of booting up... though the lights are on, all components seem to be...

Monitor starts up until after windows xp loading then says "no Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, last night my friend came round with his laptop an we watched a film using my monitor. I turned off my computer, unplugged the monitor an plugged it into his laptop, we watched the film fine, he went home. Next day in the morning I went to turn my comuter on, it loaded up until just after the...

VGA Monitor - "No Signal" w/New Mobo, CPU & Ram [ 2 Answers ]

The Preamble: My old computer: ASRock K7VM2 mobo with 2GB DDR, AMD 2400+, stock CPU fan and heatsink. I was installing a PCI wireless adapter into this mobo as per the adapter's manual. After installing the software I was supposed to turn off the computer and install the PCI card, then...

Monitor flashes "no signal" when computer is turned on [ 3 Answers ]

I installed a new power supply and now my monitor will not come on. It quickly flashes, "no signal" once then nothing. Everything worked fine until the power supply went out.

Computer is on, But Monitor display "No signal" [ 5 Answers ]

I am running on Window 2000 Professional OS, When I not touch the computer for 10 or 20 minutes(the time is not fixed), the monitor goes off and display "no signal". Then I cannot do anything except turn the computer off by press the computer power button. When I turn on the computer again,...

View more questions Search