Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    j_wander Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Water leak in GE TFX20 ice maker
    Recurring problem of water under the refrigerator. This time around I trimmed the edges of both plastic lines out of the dual solenoid valve and reconnected them, and both lines remained dry after I drew water out of the dispenser. When I released the bar in the ice maker the solenoid eventually opened for a few seconds and closed again, and shortly afterward water appeared on the floor under the left side of the refrigerator. I put the bar back up and mopped up an ounce or so of water, and the lines out of the solenoid are still dry. I'm suspicious of the larger line, which appears to run low across the back of the unit for some distance, and will keep testing the two solenoid switches to be certain I have the true culprit but sure could use a second opinion if anyone has experience with this gremlin or a piping diagram of the refrigerator so I know what I'm looking at. Thanks. Joe

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting water hose from water inlet valve to ice maker. [ 0 Answers ]

I put in a new water inlet valve but the water line from the valve to the ice maker keeps slipping out. I push it in hard and it seems tight but several days later it comes out. What is the procedure to keeping it in tight? Thanks

Ice maker water line leak [ 1 Answers ]

My GE Profile has fresh water and ice maker built-in. The line to the ice maker has popped out of the back of the unit and leaks on the floor. 1. Re-securing it to the refrigerator/freezer has been futile. I may need to defrost, first. Any ideas? 2. More frustrating, the line won't stop...

Hooking up water line to refrigerator for ice maker and water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

Here is my problem, I just bought a refrigerator that has an ice maker and water dispenser which by the way is a Haier PRCS25. I then purchased an ice maker kit from the hardware which came with a self piercing saddle valve. From here I connected the valve to a 3/4" copper cold line pipe...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.