Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mghtyred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 05:14 PM
    Use my NETGEAR WGR614 v5 Wireless router as a WAP??
    Ok, so everyone said this would be easy.

The kid at (insert popular electronics store here) said it would be no problem to use my already owned/unused router to set up a WAP that will connect with the other router in the house, so I can 1: hook my vonage device into my router, and 2: rebroadcast wireless signal on this side of the house.

Netgears website also says this is possible, with link here: http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101496.asp

Followed those instructions exactly, and I have had no success. I really need some help with this one. Any advice that DOES NOT include go out and buy something would be greatly appreciated.
    mlewis Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2006, 06:13 PM
    Don't know if this will work, but go into the router and disable DHCP. If it is pushing DHCP, then even if you were to connect to the other router as a WAP, you would not be able to connect

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless router won't let me access certain domain/address [ 1 Answers ]

I have a D-Link wireless router which is servicing 2 laptops. I have trouble connecting to certain secure sites from the laptops but can do so fine with my main computer hard wired to the main router. I suspect the wireless router's default filtering/firewall is the culprit. How do I unset those...

WAP vs Router [ 14 Answers ]

So what is the difference between WAP and a router? I have a router with 4 computers wireless and 2 desktops wired. All have their own internet access (I don't access the internet through any one computer). I want to get a wireless printer server. Would I hook that up to another port on the...

Map Ports For WinMx and a Wireless Router [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know how I can map ports needed for WinMx to work on my Win XP machine that is connected to a D-Link wireless router and then a cable modem? All other apps work OK (IE6-etc) but when setting up WinMX (music sharing program) the setup tells me that it cannot set up TCP ports like 6699...

View more questions Search