Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anitatank45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Hot water tank-electric
    Exchanged 2 week old water heater with another new one but still no hot water
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 05:54 PM

Was this properly hooked up to the electric and the electric breaker turned on at the main panel? Did you turn off the electric until the unit filled up with water completely? This is generally the main reason new hot water heaters do not work. The element burned out as there was no water in the tank to cover the element.
    anitatank45 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 06:06 PM
    New hot water heater
    Don't know if they turned the power back on the tank before filling it up
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 06:53 PM

Electric I assume, right? Power should be left off until the tank is filled. Who is the they?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 06:57 PM

I like twinkies thinking here. Who did the install and what steps did they skip because 2 bad heaters in a row is like a 1:1000000 shot.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 22, 2009, 05:11 AM
    The Twink nailed it. Two bad heaters in a row? What are the odds?
    You either have a problem with the electrical hook up not sending power to the heater **OR** You turned the power on before filling the tank and you burned out the elements. I would first check the power to the heater and if you have power the next thing I would check is the elements. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determine external water tank height to ensure adequete water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Am building a farm house which has two levels, level one floor is 5 feet from ground and level two floor is 17 feet from ground. I draw water from a bore well, to ensure adequete water pressure for the 2nd level bathroom shower, how high should the water tank be to ensure adequete pressure in...

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Bathroom water pressure vey poor from cold water storage tank [ 1 Answers ]

Bathroom toilet is very slow to fill up also cold water tap in bathroom when turned on has little or no water coming out of it.can you reply staight away please.

Water pressure against tank height and tank water capacity [ 5 Answers ]

Normally the head pressure of water is .433 pounds per foot of head. Is there any change in pressure by changing the tank water capacity. e.g. if two tanks of 50ft height having water capacity of one is 10,000 gallons and other one has 20,000 gallons. What will be the water pressure difference...

View more questions Search