Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    80kx80 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 02:37 PM
    1980 kx 80 won't run off choke
    I have a 1980 kx 80. The bike starts within the first few kicks and idles fine on choke. I let it idle down until it comes to an even smooth idle, and the pipe is warm. I push the choke in and it revs back up really high then it idles down quickly and conks out. I try to give it throttle to recover it but it acts like its fuel starved. I can ride it around with the choke on and it stays running. I pulled the carb off it and sprayed it out with carb cleaner, took the pilot jet out of the carb and cleaned that up and its all clear. Replaced the spark plug, changed the air filter. I have no idea what else to do. Please help!!
    banditftw4q2 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2010, 04:30 PM
    Make sure ALL jets&fuel passages are clear,then check spark. Sometimes a weak spark won't fire a lean mixture.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 18, 2010, 06:19 AM

Did you adjust your jets?
    Is it running the same as before cleaning jets?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

TV Movie from 1980 [ 9 Answers ]

There was a TV movie from sometime in the 1980's. It was about a boy who was kidnapped from outside his home as a little boy, while his mother was right inside. He was later sold to another family, I guess on the black market. He then was raised by this other family, and he had some contact with...

Anime around 1980 [ 1 Answers ]

He, Im not sure to be right on this place but I guess itīll be a fantasy movie around the 80īs It is n ANIME.. All I remember is a little girl always on the was to fight for judgment. I also remember hugh green worms with a lot of eys, but there more loke glass.. those things are harmfull, as...

What is the name of the TV series from the mid 1980-mid 1990's [ 3 Answers ]

About a man for hire to eliminate someone causing you a problem - the show aired on CBS - I believe the actor's first name is Edward -but not positive

What is a 1980 Cowlight Deluxe? [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever heard of or know what kind of vehicle this is, and who makes it? I just got offered one in trade for my video game collection, and although I'm a car buff, I have absolutely no clue what the heck it is.:confused:

View more questions Search