Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Oct 21, 2009, 02:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Elliot:

When Fox lies as they do, and you repeat them, is just one reason why Obama declared them to be NOT a news org.

The safe schools czar, Kevin Jennings, described in writings and speeches how a high-school student confided to him in 1988 that he was having a relationship with an older man.

The student has since spoken out in defense of Jennings, claiming he was 16 at the time, which was the legal age in Massachusetts, and that he was not sexually active.

THIS you take to mean he's a NAMBLA supporter....

Bonkerss, Dude. Totally bonkers.

excon
    No, I take his support of a teacher who spoke out in favor of NAMBLA to be support of NAMBLA. (Separate event.)

I take his comments to the kid to just be sick.

Elliot

Oct 21, 2009, 03:07 PM
    Here's the exact text of what Jennings said:

One of the people that’s always inspired me is Harry Hay, who started the first ongoing gay rights groups in America. In 1948, he tried to get people to join the Mattachine Society. It took him two years to find one other person who would join. Well, [in] 1993, Harry Hay marched with a million people in Washington, who thought he had a good idea 40 years before. Everybody thought Harry Hay was crazy in 1948, and they knew something about him which he apparently did not—they were right, he was crazy. You are all crazy. We are all crazy. All of us who are thinking this way are crazy, because you know what? Sane people keep the world the same [ty] old way it is now. It’s the people who think, ‘No, I can envision a day when straight people say, “So what if you’re promoting homosexuality?”‘ Or straight kids say, ‘Hey, why don’t you and your boyfriend come over before you go to the prom and try on your tuxes on at my house?’ That if we believe that can happen, we can make it happen. The only thing that will stop us is our lack of faith that we can make it happen. That is our mission from this day forward. To not lose our faith, to not lose our belief that the world can, indeed, be a different place. And think how much can change in one lifetime if in Harry Hay’s one very short life, he saw change from not even one person willing to join him to a million people willing to travel to Washington to join him.
    So... who is Harry Hay?

Well, here is the Wikipedia entery on Harry Hay.

Harry Hay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It includes THIS little tidbit:

In the early 1980s, Hay joined other early gay rights activists protesting the exclusion of the North American Man Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) from participation in LGBT social movements, most noticeably pride parades–arguably the most visible signs of LGBT culture–on the grounds that such exclusions constituted a betrayal by the gay community.[33] In 1983, at a New York University forum, sponsored by an on-campus gay organization, he remarked "[I]f the parents and friends of gays are truly friends of gays, they would know from their gay kids that the relationship with an older man is precisely what thirteen-, fourteen-, and fifteen-year-old kids need more than anything else in the world."[49] In 1986 Hay was confronted by police when he attempted to march in the Los Angeles pride parade, from which NAMBLA had been banned, with a sign reading "NAMBLA walks with me."[14][note 5]
    So... if Jennings praises Harry Hay and supports Harry Hay, then he is supporting NAMBLA as well.

This is a completely separate issue from what he told the kid at school (which borders on NAMBLA-like support as well).

Once is happinstance. Twice? Twice is personal preference.

Elliot
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    So... if Jennings praises Harry Hay and supports Harry Hay, then he is supporting NAMBLA as well.
    Logical fallacy - affirming the consequent.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 03:13 PM

I think the Fox News attack is a deflection from keying on the fact that the President is getting nothing done.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 08:09 PM

Lemme know when he starts sending Republicans to FEMA re-education camps, or starts killing old farts. Then I'll get excited.

excon
    Hellsbells, excon: you just throw out the constitution when your guy was elected?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2009, 09:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by George_1950 View Post
    Hellsbells, excon: you just throw out the constitution when your guy was elected?
    Hello again, George:

Settle down, George. What particular part of the Constitution is he violating?? Don't you think you're right wing friend, the Wolverine would be right there if he had?? But, I'll humor you. What's the first violation?

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 09:37 PM
    Hello again, George:

Settle down, George. What particular part of the Constitution is he violating??? Don't you think you're right wing friend, the Wolverine would be right there if he had??? But, I'll humor you. What's the first violation?

excon
    I think it was his election wasn't it ex
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 06:26 AM
    What's the first violation?
    As soon as he signs the defense appropriations bill.

Oct 22, 2009, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Logical fallacy - affirming the consequent.
    As I said above, if it were JUST the Harry Hay thing, I might agree with you. And if it were JUST the incident with the kid in High School, I might agree with you.

Both together? That's no longer an isolated incidence. That's a pattern of behaviors, both of which point to Jennings supporting the idea of adults having homosexual sex with minors. (16 is STILL a legal minor, even if MA law allows him to have sex. It may not have been ILLEGAL, but it was STILL sex with a minor.)

Elliot
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 07:31 AM

More Obama's drop:

In fact, the 9-point drop in the most recent quarter is the largest Gallup has ever measured for an elected president between the second and third quarters of his term, dating back to 1953. One president who was not elected to his first term -- Harry Truman -- had a 13-point drop between his second and third quarters in office in 1945 and 1946.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 10:53 PM

"The decline in Barack Obama's popularity since July has been the steepest of any president at the same stage of his first term for more than 50 years. Gallup recorded an average daily approval rating of 53 per cent for Mr Obama for the third quarter of the year, a sharp drop from the 62 per cent he recorded from April.

His current approval rating – hovering just above the level that would make re-election an uphill struggle – is close to the bottom for newly-elected president. Mr Obama entered the White House with a soaring 78 per cent approval rating.
    Barack Obama sees worst poll rating drop in 50 years - Telegraph

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water coming out of the tub faucet & the shower head at the same time? [ 5 Answers ]

I just installed a one handle Kohler faucet for the bath tub, when water is turned on and the shower converter button is in the down position the water comes out of the tub faucet and the shower head at the same time. When the shower converter button is pulled up water will only come out of the...

Small business in time of global crisis [ 3 Answers ]

There are two general "trends " concerning a small business and the global financial crisis: 1. kill the business, put the money in a seif and freeze until the storm is gone (if you have some serious budget!! if not... ) 2. try to fight, cut the dead wood and float... the sun will shine...

Appeal not filed on time in South Carolina [ 1 Answers ]

The trial ended on July 30 and the lawyer that handled the case did not file a notice for an appeal until it was 10 days late. My husband was being moved around to different facilities and by the time he filed the lawyer sent him a letter stating that he filed and that the one my husband filed was...

Tub Faucet runs at same time as Shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a similar problem as this thread "Faucet and shower run simultaneously" https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/faucet-shower-run-simultaneously-33198.html Except that I have a shower with 3 knobs. You turn the middle knob to turn the shower head on. This shower is at least ten...

View more questions Search