Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaronswife20 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    please stop being rude, we are here to help. an apology is warrented now!
    First of all I was not angry about you pointing out the rules I was angry about the way you did it! You can tell someone something is wrong by simply saying aarons wife the rules say you can't do that, instead you acted like miss francy pants and pull up stuff and was like SEE ITS Against THE RULES! That's what I didn't like the way you proceeded too go about it. :|
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 05:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronswife20 View Post
    First of all I was not angry about you pointing out the rules I was angry about the way you did it! You can tell someone something is wrong by simply saying aarons wife the rules say you can't do that, instead you acted like miss francy pants and pull up stuff and was like SEE ITS AGANIST THE RULES! That's what I didn't like the way you proceeded too go about it. ?:|
    I did it that way because it was the most quick way to do it.

It wasn't meant to put anyone down.

I've been on this site a long time. We have many people that come here, break the rules and when you try to explain they get irate. So instead of posting that it's against the rules, I figured I'd just post the rules.

It seems that no matter how we go about it, people just don't want to accept that they made a mistake.

Trust me, I broke many rules when I first joined. Heck, I still do at times. We're all human, no problem. The rule you broke is one that we use to protect this site. If you go offline with someone on this site, or solicit them to go offline, and then that person gives you advice that harms you, that would reflect negatively on this site. This site is wonderful for a reason, the large part being that we care about the people that post here and want to make sure they get the most accurate information there is.

If you keep the questions on your thread then everyone can see them and the experts can correct any misinformation that you may get.

Just because someone is pregnant doesn't mean they know everything about pregnancy.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 05:07 PM
    First of all I was not angry about you pointing out the rules I was angry about the way you did it! You can tell someone something is wrong by simply saying aarons wife the rules say you can't do that, instead you acted like miss francy pants and pull up stuff and was like SEE ITS AGANIST THE RULES! That's what I didn't like the way you proceeded too go about it. ?:|
    She could have just reported your post and let the Moderators tell you the rules with a warning that wouldn't have been as nice. Would you have preferred that?

Back to your op, I have a friend who knew she was pregnant for three months before a blood test finally confirmed it. Eight urine test and 3 blood tests before the positve. Because of prior pregnancies, she knew how her body felt when pregnant.

Oct 21, 2009, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I did it that way because it was the quickest way to do it.

It wasn't meant to put anyone down.

I've been on this site a long time. We have many people that come here, break the rules and when you try to explain they get irate. So instead of posting that it's against the rules, I figured I'd just post the rules.

It seems that no matter how we go about it, people just don't want to accept that they made a mistake.

Trust me, I broke many rules when I first joined. Heck, I still do at times. We're all human, no problem. The rule you broke is one that we use to protect this site. If you go offline with someone on this site, or solicit them to go offline, and then that person gives you advice that harms you, that would reflect negatively on this site. This site is wonderful for a reason, the large part being that we care about the people that post here and want to make sure they get the most accurate information there is.

If you keep the questions on your thread then everyone can see them and the experts can correct any misinformation that you may get.

Just because someone is pregnant doesn't mean they know everything about pregnancy.
    Yeah I understand completely sorry just thought you were being rude. But take it that you didn't. Thanks. :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 05:31 PM
    Yeah I understand completely sorry just thought you were being rude. But take it that you didn't. Thanks. :)
    I'm sorry too. I really didn't mean for it to come out as rude, it was more a "for your info" sort of thing.

Now, back to the topic at hand. :)

Do you have a pregnancy test bought already?

I would recommend getting the dual pack. They're a bit more expensive but still cheaper then buying two separate tests. This way you can take one, and if the results are negative you can wait a week and take another.

I would recommend, and I think that J9 already did, for you to start taking prenatal vitamins, just in case you are expecting. The vitamins won't hurt you if you're not pregnant, but they are important for the baby if you are.

Let us know what the results are. We'll be waiting. :)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 05:42 PM

I love happy endings :)

Name:  grouphug.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  32.6 KB

Oops... :eek:

Name:  preg.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  12.1 KB

Ok just bein' silly... bye :D

Oct 21, 2009, 05:48 PM

Cartoons are SO cute!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 05:51 PM

Hee hee, "can't we all just get along?" :rolleyes::)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Cartoons are SO cute!

LOL... thankyou :)

Sorry for hijacking your thread , just tryin' to add to the peace :)

Seriously though stick around , you'll love it here once you get used to it :cool:

Edit: And Alty's a lovely person.
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    LOL...............thankyou :)

Sorry for hijacking your thread , just tryin' to add to the peace :)

Seriously though stick around , you'll love it here once you get used to it :cool:
    Ahem. And Alty is really a nice person.

You forgot to mention that.

Okay, now I'm breaking the rules. :o
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 05:48 AM
    Insulting other members is frowned upon here at AMHD. We are only trying to help you from a professional standpoint. We keep all questions and answers on the board so that we can assure you are getting a proper response to your question. You wouldn't want bad or dangerous advice given that could endanger the health of you and/or your baby. By keeping all questions and answers on the board, we can monitor the quality of the advice given. Also, others that come here learn from the questions posted and the advice given.

I'm glad all worked out, but remember, we here at AMHD volunteer our own free time to answer questions. We are NOT paid employees, i.e. I just got home from a busy 12 hour shift delivering babies... I do this because I like to help, not because I am getting paid.

Oct 22, 2009, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Insulting other members is frowned upon here at AMHD. We are only trying to help you from a professional standpoint. We keep all questions and answers on the board so that we can assure you are getting a proper response to your question. You wouldn't want bad or dangerous advice given that could endanger the health of you and/or your baby. By keeping all questions and answers on the board, we can monitor the quality of the advice given. Also, others that come here learn from the questions posted and the advice given.

I'm glad all worked out, but remember, we here at AMHD volunteer our own free time to answer questions. We are NOT paid employees, i.e. I just got home from a busy 12 hour shift delivering babies....I do this because I like to help, not because I am getting paid.
    I know. And that's why it was worked out. But like I said last night I thought she was being rude! But turns out that she wasn't. But no need too bring yesterdays problems into today's! :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 06:01 AM
    I know. And that's why it was worked out. But like I said last night I thought she was being rude! But turns out that she wasn't. But no need too bring yesterdays problems into todays! :D
    You are absolutely correct... no need to worry today about what happened yesterday.

Have you taken another HPT yet? Remember, and I can't stress it enough, to take it using first morning urine as the pregnancy hormone (HCG) is more concentrated in early morning urine. As the day progresses, and you eat and drink, the urine gets diluted. This is why many women get false negatives.
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Oct 22, 2009, 08:02 AM
    Really? So when did you find out you were pregnant exactly I always thought I couldn't get pregnant. My ex fiancee and I always tried for a baby and we had no luck and my husband and I have been having unprotected sex for a little over a year and I never ended up preg. Than now this! So I do hope so. Was your pregnancy planned or unexcepted? :)
    Well... good luck to you. I really hope that you become a mother sometime soon :) My pregnancy was a little bit of both. We were basically just seeing how things went! Then when we decided to start playing it safe since I had just got cut to part time... that's when we found out we were pregnant.
    As with all the others... just brush it off. I have gotten into it with a couple different people and honestly... you will find the "group" that you mesh with and the "group" that you will try to avoid!
    Just let me know how everything goes... XXXXXXX fingers crossed!

Oct 22, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KARIEMELIA View Post
    Well... good luck to you. I really hope that you become a mother sometime soon :) My pregnancy was a little bit of both. We were basically just seeing how things went! Then when we decided to start playing it safe since I had just got cut to part time... thats when we found out we were pregnant.
    As with all the others... just brush it off. I have gotten into it with a couple different people and honestly... you will find the "group" that you mesh with and the "group" that you will try to avoid!
    Just let me know how everything goes... XXXXXXX fingers crossed!
    Thanks and I will! Personal question. How old are you? :) sorry not trying too get all into your life and such!

Oct 22, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Thanks and I will! Personal question. How old are you? :) sorry not trying too get all into your life and such!
    25.. soon to be 26. Age is just a number... nothing personal about it!:)

Oct 22, 2009, 11:50 AM

Well to some peope that is something very personal. I didn't want too offend you or anything.:) Are you married and stuff?

Oct 22, 2009, 11:54 AM
    Yes I am indeed married. I got married in May and it was a perfect wedding. I also have a Chihuahua named Marley... he is my Avatar picture! So far I have the perfect family! LOL

Oct 22, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KARIEMELIA View Post
    Yes I am indeed married. I got married in May and it was a perfect wedding. I also have a Chihuahua named Marley... he is my Avatar picture! So far I have the perfect family! LOL
    Oh really well I have a pekapoo named cami and I'm married too but I got married when I was 19 and so I guess we both have the perfect little family don't we haha :D

Oct 22, 2009, 12:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    You are absolutely correct...no need to worry today about what happened yesterday.

Have you taken another HPT yet? Remember, and I can't stress it enough, to take it using first morning urine as the pregnancy hormone (HCG) is more concentrated in early morning urine. As the day progresses, and you eat and drink, the urine gets diluted. This is why many women get false negatives.
    No not yet my mom usually has her period a week after me and hers started today so I guess I'm nervous but holding out until she ends hers. Hers usually last 5 days and after that I'm going to go to the doctor. In 5 days if it doesn't show! Is that stupid too do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 Months Late! [ 2 Answers ]

OK so here goes this is what has been going on with me... I had to come off the pill 5 months ago and everything was fine my period came when it was supposed to and myself and my boyfriend had sex with a condom but it split, I'm now 4 months late negative pregnancy test. My doctor hasen't been...

4 Months Late! [ 5 Answers ]

My last period was March 6th and I had positive pregnancy tests on April 24th and 25th. From mid May till now, all the tests are negative! I thought I was going to miscarry but I haven't been bleeding or anything, just a lot of cramping for about a month now. I'm still waiting to see a doctor, as...

3 months late [ 6 Answers ]

I've missed my period for about 3 months now but I haven't had any pregnancy symptoms. I'm not usually irregualr either. I've taken a home pregnancy test then a month later I went to the doctor to take a urine test, both came back negative. Any idea on what's going on with me?:confused:

2 months late [ 6 Answers ]

Is it normal to be 2 months late on your period, am sexually active, I know am not pregnant, is it normal?

2 months late? [ 1 Answers ]

I went off birth control at the end of December and then got my period on January 22nd. I have not yet gotten another period so I am almost two months late. Can anyone tell me anything they know about missing their periods once stopping birth control. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests and they have...

View more questions Search