Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madamelo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 07:35 AM
    22-year-old female with sudden and inexplicable hair loss!
    Hello all!

I am a 22-year-old female and I have recently noticed my hair has begun to fall out! I do not know what to do! :confused:

After searching the internet for probable causes, I think my problem is perhaps due a complete lifestyle change: at the end of August, I moved from the United States to France! Though I do honestly do not FEEL overwhelming stressed out about being here and so far away from home, perhaps the hair loss is a result of my body's subconscious freak out about not knowing the language, culture, etc..

I have tried to remedy to problem by taking a multivitamin, but I wonder if a more specific supplement would be better? My abysmal French language skills make chatting about my issue with a pharmacist here impossible. Does anyone know if a lack of whole grains can effect the body in this way? I already have very fine hair, and I cannot stand to lose any more! If anyone has any advice, I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks is advance!
    Merci beaucoup!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2009, 11:38 AM

This is not a normal reaction to stress. I suggest contacting your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden loss of well water [ 1 Answers ]

What to do if sudden loss of well water and pump is still running?

Sudden weight loss [ 2 Answers ]

My dog is suddenly losing a lot of weight. On top of it he is itching non stop,:cool he also drinks a lot of water... what is going on with him ? :)

Sudden Water Pressure Loss [ 4 Answers ]

I woke up this morning and noticed a significant loss in the water pressure in my house. The water is coming out of the faucets at less than half it's normal pressure and the water going to our irrigation system had such low pressure that the sprinkler heads would not even rotate. I have zero...

Sudden hair loss in a 23 yr old woman [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I hope some of you can help me out. Within the past few weeks I've noticed a widened part and multiple areas over my scalp where my hair seems to have fallen out. I usually can go a day and a half without shampooing but now my scalp gets oily again just hours after I wash my hair. The roots...

View more questions Search