Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Film_Fanatic Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 04:35 AM
    Lock jaw?
    I have been experiencing tension in my jaw for a few months and over the past few weeks it has become like a sort of lack jaw. By this I mean that it is painful to open my jaw and when I do it clicks and crunches and it often feels as if it is misplaced. I have also been getting a lot of neck pains and headaches recently and I think that the two are connected.

I have tried massaging my jaw but it only provides some momentary relief... I need to fix it as I have upcoming exams and the pain makes it difficult to concentrate

I have thought to go see my doctor so that he can recommend what to do... but should I just be going to a physiotherapist or just get a massage?

Any help or recommendations as to what I should do will be very appreciated

Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 04:38 AM

Hi Film, don't know your underlying medical issues, but your explanation of your 'lack jaw' is pretty good, however, can't diagnose or recommend on AMHD as you can appreciate.

I would see your general physician, not a physio.

Tick
    liljay86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 11:11 AM
    I have lock jaw after a dentist visit, and I also have TMD! All your general doctor will tell you is to put heat/ice on it... take anti-inflammatories to reduce swelling and pain, and/or take muscle relaxants if they help relax your jaw a bit. I find those mini hand held massagers are decent to use in the jaw area. But I AM going to start physio in the next few days as they can give you strengthening excercises, they can also perform a more professional massage, and they can also do something called IMS (inter muscular stimulation) to help relax the jaw muscles. And at the same time, because my jaw doesn't sit properly in place, my chiropractor has been a big help also. So you actually have a few choices.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 17, 2012, 12:29 PM
    Liljay, just so you don't waste your time, best to read the date of the original post. Most likely OP has not been back. This one is from 2009.

Although your information is quite good, shame to see it wasted at the most.
    liljay86 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2012, 12:57 PM
    Yeah I know, but I came across this doing a Google search of these type of situations. So I decided to post just in case someone else comes across this. Its helpful to hear other peoples stories, and know what works for them etc. Thank you though.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air Lock? [ 4 Answers ]

Evening After filling my hot water cylinder, water only flowing from one tap out of three, any Suggestions D

Fn on lock [ 3 Answers ]

How do I unlock my laptop keyboard. It is locked in numberlock. I find the fn key but do not find the numloc key?

How to lock DVD? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know how to lock the DVD +R?

Air lock or hammer lock [ 3 Answers ]

I was just wondering how I can rememdy hammer lock or airlock? I think that is what it is. I just bought this house that has been sitting for 3 months unoccuppied. I connected my washer and when the washer starts to cycle by pulling water to the unit, I hear this bang evertime it purges water. ...

Air lock [ 1 Answers ]

When I have a shower or turn on the hot water there is a load noise each time. It seems to stop if I turn on the cold tap. Could you please tell me if it is an air lock and how can I stop it? Many thanks ...

View more questions Search