Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorisa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 04:31 AM
    Central heat unit cover
    I need to know the name of the cover that is metal with slats in it that goes over the burner and is the outside part for a central heat unit that is inside.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Oct 21, 2009, 04:48 AM
    My best guess is the burner. Like number 41 OR heat exchanger but heat exchangers do not have slats.
    Attached Images

Oct 21, 2009, 05:50 AM

I mean it goes to cover up all the inside parts but still allows air in because right now everything is exposed and the filter has a cover over it but the center part is missing.

Oct 21, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Are you talking about the furnace cabinet? Find a picture on Google or take a picture of what you have . Guessing games never work well.

Oct 21, 2009, 06:48 AM

scrolling down I see it shows the six picture or 2nd one from the bottom all the inside is exposed and is it the cover plate the metal to the right is what is off or does it have another name?

Oct 21, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Second picture from bottom is burner line,or gas train line,or burner manifold. Like I said before find a pic on Google and post it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Heat fron Central Air Unit [ 4 Answers ]

I had previously posted a question regarding a wirering possible problem being that I had a friend put in a new (LUXPRO PDS100) thermostat. I wanted to note that I have also a separate heat thermostat on a separate wall. The main Central air (LUXPRO) is wired with 5 wires, green to G, yellowto Y,...

Central heat and air unit [ 2 Answers ]

When heat is on only cool air is blowing out, the fan outside on the unit is not coming on at all what could it be

Central unit not blowing heat [ 3 Answers ]

Central heating unit want blow heat only cool air

Central air/heat unit not getting warm [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 3 year old central air/heat unit that seems to be working, but will not blow warm air. Is their a reset button? This is not a heat pump. Help its cold:eek:

Trane central heat and air unit [ 2 Answers ]

Our air conditioner just suddenly stopped. The condenser will not kick on and we wold appreciate any suggestions to what the probem could be. It would be a great help if it were something my husband could possiblyfis.

View more questions Search