Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 20, 2009, 10:20 PM
    I'm going back home to seattle this week.Kinda nervous of what people will say.
    I'm so happy I'm going to school in New York and away from Seattle. Helps take the heat off any questions. But now I'm going back home and I'm going to see my friends. Kind of nervous for their reactions... Because the difference is noticeable. Even more so.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:32 PM

There should not be any heat emanating from any questions.
    This is completely YOUR BUSINESS!
    Just a reminder, Michael Jackson was
    Accepted.
    Good luck!

From a white man in Australia.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:56 PM
    Michael Jackson was not accepted by enough, many people gave him hell and constrantly picked and scorned him. MJ didn't deserve such treatment.

Well Brown, you can try and say the aha peels and you didn't notice?
    canuguesswhoiam Posts: 44, Reputation: -1

Oct 20, 2009, 11:02 PM

vitamins and fruit acid peels, since that's what most people do

(well, you probably seen that ad in the trains and all in nyc)
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 21, 2009, 02:15 AM

If you feel that you have to answer/explain, I agree... peels.

I lightened from sun deprivation(no products, treatments, sunscreen.. just a long, heinous East Coast winter) and a 'friend' from home asked if I'd bleached.

I just laughed at her and sort of :rolleyes:.

Even if I had used something... it would depend on whether the person was seeking skin care help for themselves or just being nosy-gossipy-picky (like she was).
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 07:38 PM
    Yeah, it's the "nosy-gossipy-picky" people I would try to dodge... lol
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 22, 2009, 07:14 AM

Browndeceit,

You should be so happy that you are so bright that these "nosy-gossipy-picky " people can't help but notice. Whatever you chose to say as your explanation,( though you shouldn't have to answer to anyone), just think to yourself as you answer, just how GOOOOOd you look. Keep it up!!
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Oct 22, 2009, 07:18 AM

Oh and by the way, whatever you say , the negative people will still be negative, even if you tell them the truth, so why even give them your time worrying about it.
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 22, 2009, 09:10 AM

Exactly, so unless it's someone close who is seeking skin care info for him/herself... I wouldn't be too specific or stay on the subject much.

Light and breezy wins the day, IMO.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 22, 2009, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the support guys! Wish I could just stay in New York forever! Lol. Kidding.
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Oct 22, 2009, 07:36 PM

I know how you feel I hate it when people put up old pictures of me that I have not authorized, I just deleted a tagged picture of me from Facebook from like 5 years ago that just gets on my nerves.
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 22, 2009, 11:22 PM
    Having lived in NY myself I'd just stick with the excuse of the cold Fall and lack of sun, or just tell nosey people that you've been taking really good care of your skin. Period. End of story. Next question? Lol
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2009, 10:58 PM
    Lol... yeah, good to jump to another question or topic. I'll give that a try too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nervous about an ex from abroad visiting my home life [ 10 Answers ]

Hello all, Recently I went abroad to Europe to study for a short period. Within my few months of studying, I met this guy who literally, at the time, took my breath away. We had then dated for just over a month, got close and now I realise how emotionally attached we had got. The time had come...

Heay period and clotting-kinda nervous about symptoms [ 2 Answers ]

I am only on day two of my peiod and have soaked/leaked through my tampon.I have gone through 2 in about an hour.I am having slight abdominal pain and some clotting as well.Could this possibly be normal?

My puppy's first week home [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just bought a Sheltie Puppy. I will bring her home next weekend. She will be 8 weeks old at that time. I am planning to spend then entire weekend with her and my husband is taking off work the following week to spend with her. I was wondering how confusing it would be if I took her with me...

Trying to get custody, too many people in one house (kinda long) [ 7 Answers ]

My fiancé and I have been trying to get custody of his three kids. They currently live in what was originally a three bedroom home with a total of four kids and 5 adults and the ex-wife used in vetro to get pregnant with twins. Each child shares a room with one sibling of the same sex. A 10 year...

1 week late, and nervous :S [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a week late for having my period, I read about how stress and life changes can totally mess your cycle up.. but I'm not sure.. I was on the road with my b/f the last time I had my period. It was a normal period for me and everything. I'm careful most the time to use a condom, and not have sex 2...

View more questions Search