Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jblaclair Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 11:36 AM
    Changing of Carpet
    In Colorado, does a landlord have to change the carpet of an apartment that was previously rented by persons with a pet before the next tenant can move in?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Hello jb:

No.

excon
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Hello again, jb:

Let me add, that if you are living in an uninhabitable situation because of your landlord, THAT is a different matter. What is happening with you? Maybe there's another way to skin this goat.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 05:50 PM
    And I will say there can be a lot of what if's and maybes in anything.

For example, if a person is highly allergic to animals and the carpet would cause a medical issue, ( but I don't see where cleaning could not fix it)

Now if the previous owner had 100 dogs, and the carpets are bad and cleaning won't fix them it is possible and likely a new carpet would have to be used.
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Nov 6, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jblaclair
    In Colorado, does a landlord have to change the carpet of an apartment that was previously rented by persons with a pet before the next tenant can move in?
    No - there is no such law anywhere. It is very easy to deodorize carpet/pad as well as apply a fungicide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying for Damage to Carpet [ 6 Answers ]

A few days before I moved out of my apartment, I inadvertently spilled some red dye on the carpet. I tried everything to remove it, but to no avail. The day I moved I called the landlord to tell him about it. I also gave him my forwarding address. A few days later I received a bill for $1,000...

Remove taffy from carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Any hints out there on how to remove taffy that has been melted into carpet? Is using ice to freeze and break it out the best way or is there something else?

Carpet marks [ 1 Answers ]

Can some tell me how to get rid of carpet lines left by heavy furniture? I moved stuff around, but I have these marks that do not look good. Any help would be appreciated

New carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had new carpet installed in my home and each time I vacuum it, the vacuum leaves fuz on the carpet. Is this normal for new carpet or is it a problem with my vacuum, which is also new. We have low pile carpet and the vacuum is set on medium height.

Carpet spots [ 4 Answers ]

Lately our carpet has developed these spots about dime sized all over the living room. We thought they were spills from our 1 yr old but they keep multiplying without cause. We think it might be mold but we are not sure. Has anyone seen this and what should we do? We are putting in laminate...

View more questions Search