Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjgolden Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2006, 11:05 AM
    Craftsman 16.5 Lawn Tractor
    I have recently replaced the mower clutch cable on my 16.5 HP Craftsman LT1000 lawn tractor with a 42" deck. After doing so, the transmission to the tractor will not engage. All the belts seem to be in place. I did not replace the clutch carriage bolt yet, as indicated by the instructions, after replacing the cable. Will this prohibit the transmission/clutch from engaging? Prior to replacing the mower clutch cable, the transmission/clutch was working properly. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Nov 4, 2006, 09:38 PM
    This is a odd problem indeed.. the cable you replaced is not catching olt to anything underneath?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Craftsman lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

My father has purchased an old lawn mower for restoration. The model # is 1318430. He thinks it is a Craftsman. Anyone know where to find a picture or details.

Mtd lawn tractor [ 3 Answers ]

I have an MTD lawn tractor seems to act like it is sliping if forward gear I have repaced the belt. Does not do this in reverse. Could it be the transmission is that rebuildable?

Tractor lawn mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Wizard lawn mower with a Briggs & Stratton engine that was ran with low oil I don't know much about engines but when I stripped it the piston arm has sheared at the end I can't see any other damage so my problem is I need to replace the piston but I can't see any no on the piston all I...

Craftsman 16.5 Lawn Tractor - Front Axle [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Craftsman lawn tractor with a twisted front axle. Since I will need to replace this soon, I'd figure to replace the welded axle with a cast iron replacement. I called the SEARS 1-800 number to get a similar models which would be a universal cast iron axle I could order & replace. ...

Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 10 HP Craftsman lawn tractor that will not move. The clutch works and it goes into gearbut the flat wheel spins and the gear wheel seems too have not enough pressure on it to move. Could this be just a loose drive belt? Thanks, Charlie

View more questions Search