Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KSev1218 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2006, 10:33 AM
    I am obsessed about getting pregnant.
    First I'll start by saying I have endometriosis. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. My problem is I have been obsessing over getting pregnant. All day I search online and read about being pregnant, and all night I dream about it. I am starting to drive my husband and myself crazy! Why can't I for 1 minutes stop thinking about having a baby. Every time I have a stomach ache, I swear I'm pregnant. Is this normal?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 4, 2006, 11:37 AM
    You have only been trying for 3 months. It takes most women who do not have endometriosis 6 months to a year. So please be patient.

The other thing I have to mention is that being obsessed will only slow the process down even more. The more you obsess, the harder it will be.

Nov 4, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KSev1218
    First I'll start off by saying I have endometriosis. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. My problem is I have been obsessing over getting pregnant. All day I search online and read about being pregnant, and all night I dream about it. I am starting to drive my husband and my self crazy!! Why can't I for 1 minutes stop thinking about having a baby. Everytime i have a stomach ache, i swear I'm pregnant. Is this normal?
    Thanks for the reply. I am trying to relax, but sometimes I feel like I don't have control over my thoughts. I know I have stop stressing because it's not healthy. I was just wondering if I was the only person going through this.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 08:26 PM
    Honestly the more you obsess about it, the more you think about it. The more you get anxious and worked up about becoming pregnant. I can tell you that your chanches of actually becoming pregnant are slim to none. I will tell you why. First of all, stress can actually prevent you from becoming pregnant. Not being able to relax can prevent you from becoming pregnant. Obsessions are never good, NEVER. So you need to stop it. You need to relax and you need to stop reading and trust it will happen whenever the right time is. So what you need to do is go on a holiday or vacation with your loved one. Focus on your love one. Make this person the most important part of your relationship right now and everything else will work out in the long run. J9 is right. It could take up to a year to get pregnant or even longer. Until you reach the 1 or 2 year mark of trying, IF it does take that long then seek medical help until then the best remedy is a vacation. REAL VACATION.

Joe
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Nov 4, 2006, 08:32 PM
    Hi KSev1218, for about 4 months I went through the same thing, but I didn't have endometriosis. I finally talked to my husband and told him I want to have another child before I turn 30 and he said OK and I went to see a obgyn doctor and she started me on prenantal viamins and three months later I found out I was having a baby. I have six weeks left to go and she will be here in no time, so all I can say is have a talk with your husband about this then make a preconception appointment with an obgyn and start taking the viamins and be patient with yourself and relax it take time. : )
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2006, 08:35 PM
    Each time my wife and I got pregnant. It was on vacation. Both times. Both times it took us 6 months of trying until we did take vacation. Frustration and getting hopes up but when it does happen it will be worth the wait to see the beautiful baby in your arms. Believe me it is well worth the wait.

Nov 5, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Well I appreciate all the advice. I will try to relax and enjoy the trying. I always knew I needed to stop thinking about it, it's just hard sometimes. I will make more of a conscious decision to stop obsessing! Anything I can do to have a baby... Any tips about getting pregnant, please share.
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2006, 06:41 PM
    I have many of them.

Nov 6, 2006, 08:03 AM
    Is that a tip?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2006, 08:28 AM
    I once heard.. I don't know if this a myth or not but when a women obsess like you to fall pregnant there is high possibility that you won't fall pregnant.

Are you thinking babies while having sex?

Nov 6, 2006, 09:17 AM
    OK I won't think about it while having sex... thanks.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2006, 02:03 PM
    Do not go to the washroom after making love. Elevate your legs for about 10 minutes and do not get out of bed until about 20 minutes after making love. Do not make love more then once a day. Go every other day.

Nov 6, 2006, 02:40 PM
    Yes I do that, and I take folic acid and prenatal vitamins. I stay away from caffeine also. I have an ovulation calender and know when my most fertile days are.
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2006, 05:29 PM
    Do not focus on dates and calendar. Just have fun and enjoy and try just to be in that moment.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 6, 2006, 06:19 PM
    Yes I do that, and I take folic acid and prenatal vitamins. I stay away from caffeine also. I have an ovulation calender and know when my most fertile days are.
    This is all great, but it does border on obsession. Obsession can lessen the likelihood of getting pregnant.

Do as Joe said, just enjoy the moment.
    belgz123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 01:11 AM
    OMG I did a Google search to find out what was wrong with me too and I found this forum. Ok I think what everyone is saying is true about not stressing over falling pregnant cause then it never seems to happen. Ive been pregnant before with twins and I know I can fall pregnant because striaght after my abortion I fell pregnant again the next month but its been 2 years and I'm trying to fall pregnant for the past 2 months and I cant. Ive started taking folic acid and everything because I'm convinced ill fall pregnant but NOPE ----IM NOT! Last month I was that sure I would be pregnant my periods came 14 days late and I've never had an irregular period. I went and had blood tests but even though they came up negative I was convinced that I was still positive because on the internet it says some women's hcg levels don't go up till much later than some owmen and I had all the symptoms even being turned off food and cramping. In the end I went one session with a counseller who told me I needed to accept I wasn't pregnant and I really let it sink in and the next day I got my periods. So it shows what stressing over it can do, I think if you just randomly have sex and enjoy life it will come to you when u least explect it because if you haven't noticed people try for 10 years and are dying to have kids but they can't fall pregnant... And then as soon as they stop They're PREGNANT. I don't know why but this is how nature works I guess. Maybe ull appreciate your baby more when you wait longer. But don't worry I'm obsessing too :(

Nov 17, 2006, 07:20 AM
    [Finally someone who understands!!! As of right now I am one day late for my period, but I took a test and it's negative :( So I guess the stress is pushing back my period too.. I have been having all kinds of symptoms. Morning sickness, metal mouth, cramping on one side, bloating, irritablilty, back pain, fatigue!! I am almost convincing myself that I am pregnant when I'm obviously not. I need to calm down and just let nature take its course...Yeah right!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2006, 07:30 AM
    You have to, otherwise this complusiveness will never enhance you to get pregnant.
    purplerose8601 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2006, 07:54 AM
    First I'll start off by saying I have endometriosis. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. My problem is I have been obsessing over getting pregnant. All day I search online and read about being pregnant, and all night I dream about it. I am starting to drive my husband and my self crazy!! Why can't I for 1 minutes stop thinking about having a baby. Everytime i have a stomach ache, i swear I'm pregnant. Is this normal?
    I would say it is normal to think about making babies a lot whilst your trying.. but you need to try and concentrate on something else.. start a project or a hobby or anything to get your mind off it..
    U need to relax... I must say I agree with the other answer if you don't relax you are highly unlikely to conceive...
    Chill out :) and it will happen good luck hun

Nov 18, 2006, 08:08 AM
    Thanks for all the great advice. Now 2 days late for my period, but like I said the test was negative. I've realized that stress is changing my period and that's not good for tracking Ovulation. I am one big mess....I really need to focus on something else. So many people around me are having babies. 5 of my friends and my brother just had a baby within this year. Just having a hard time being around ALL those babies and dealing with the jealousy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Am I obsessed? [ 60 Answers ]

I woke up today full of anxiety and just a general feeling of fear and I think its because I have a feeling that my boyfriend is cheating on me because he's been acting differently lately. He's not as interested in sex as he used to be and he doesn't seem to want to talk to me or be with me as...

OBSESSED he was with someone during breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Last summer after me and my boyfriend broke up during a big stupid drunken fight. We were broken up for 3 weeks and even though I had plenty of opportunities to date others, I never did because I pretty much figured we would get back together and I felt like it would be cheating even though we were...

Help... Obsessed and Depressed [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I had this teacher that I have thought about everyday since I met her. No I'm not gay and I'm not attracted to her in a sexual way, but don't know why I can't stop thinking about her. I started dreaming about her and now its nothing new. She moved away about 9 months ago and I still...

Help, I'm obsessed! [ 2 Answers ]

If ANYONE can help me, PLEASE do so! I had braces for seven years. It's been three years since I had them taken off, and it has totally reshaped my mouth. Now, I have very crooked lips. My corners just don't line up anymore. So, for the past three years, needless to say, I have had to "reshape" my...

View more questions Search