Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shopgirl2330 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KSev1218
    First I'll start off by saying I have endometriosis. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. My problem is I have been obsessing over getting pregnant. All day I search online and read about being pregnant, and all night I dream about it. I am starting to drive my husband and my self crazy!! Why can't I for 1 minutes stop thinking about having a baby. Everytime i have a stomach ache, i swear I'm pregnant. Is this normal?
    First of all...
    If you sincerely want to get pregnant, than you should know that by obsessing over it all the live long day, your most likely to NOT get pregnant soon.. I promise, I was the same way for awhile but I realized stressing over it would only delay things and I would just go insane.. So Don't worry about it. Just let nature take it's course and it will happen on it's own. I promise. Good luck
    Jnkmeiwes Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Nov 21, 2006, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KSev1218
    First I'll start off by saying I have endometriosis. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 months. My problem is I have been obsessing over getting pregnant. All day I search online and read about being pregnant, and all night I dream about it. I am starting to drive my husband and my self crazy!! Why can't I for 1 minutes stop thinking about having a baby. Everytime i have a stomach ache, i swear I'm pregnant. Is this normal?
    I went through the same thing I obsessed for about 5 months on the computer too. Then I told myself to just stay away from the internet to get my mind off trying to get pregnant, soI got addicted to solitare! Instead... well Im typing this as I hold my beautiful 6 week old baby boy. As soon as I quit obsessing over it... next month I was pregnant. You don't realize the stress you are putting on yourself because it's a happy stress... I know its hard, but try to find a new hobby like get a fav computer game going again and go to that instead of pregnancy websites. They just get depressing after to long.
    rsanchez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 09:52 PM
    I was also obsessed about getting pregnant and I couldn't for 1 year I drove myself crazy it was th more I tried the more I couldn't get pregnant .I am now 9 months pregnant and I found out in march 2006 I was pregnant . I believe the reason I couldn't get pregnant was cause I was trying than I February my boyfriend told me he was sterile and couldn't have kids than I gave up on life and no sooner than later I was pregnant so my advise is be patient and be relaxed and it will happen. So good luck and I wsh the best for you and your husband
    crystal22b Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Yes its normal because I think that when you reach a certain point in your life you just want to become a mom I know I been trying to get pt for 3 yrs. No luck hopefully until now. When you get around people who have kids or just about to start, something just sets off inside of u. like I want one now and you end up tricking yourself to thinking that you are. Your husband should understand this because this has been done since beginning of time. Its every woman full fillment to have kids and what gets me is how is it that when who want one, you can't have one, but the ones who cares less about their kids and don't want them and only use them for check can have one. Anyway I wish you luck and you are and my prayers as I hope ill be and yours.
    cyberslider Posts: 45, Reputation: 6

Dec 8, 2006, 08:39 AM
    Start having sex for pleasure and relaxation and you will find yourself pregnant sooner than you think. Life always finds a way
    gabby_derek Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 04:01 PM
    I think it is normal my husband and I have been trying to have a baby for a year and I am the same way you are all I think about I having a baby I do the same things you do
    kerryAR Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2006, 01:17 PM
    Hi KSev, Don't worry, I'm obsessed too! I read books, surf net etc for tips ideas and symptoms the lot! However I try to stay calm and not emotional about the whole thing as I know it will only upset my balance which will lessen my chances of getting pregnant. Make your obsession a healthy excitement at the prospect of becoming pregnant :-)
    Mutale Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 01:26 PM

Hi guys,

I am a journalist and a mother of two boys, 2 yrs old and younger. I was with my husband 7 years and trying for a baby for one before we got pregnant and so I relate to you.

I am working on a story about women who have become obsessed with being pregnant and I was wondering whether any of you would be kind enough to share your stories with me? My email address is [email protected]
    franneh Posts: 134, Reputation: 7

Feb 1, 2009, 11:04 PM

I know how you are feeling! I am also finding myself thinking about babies day and night! I want one so badly! But unfortunately I apparently do not ovulate. I went on BC as a teen because I wasn't having any periods. I went off BC to try for a baby almost a year ago and since then I have had only one period and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. I'm riding an emotional roller coaster of hopefulness, depression, and obsessiveness. I have been taking various vitamins that supposedly have helped women ovulate. I'm doing everything I can except pricey fertility drugs since they aren't covered by insurance. :( so yeah I know exactly how you feel. Its to the point where I sometimes get catty with women in public who are pregnant or have a new baby, instead of feeling happy for them I resent them, especially women with more than one child, when I can't seem to have even one. I can't stand to hear women complain or hope they aren't pregnant now. I'm like well then why not me, Lord? She doesn't even want her baby and I am sitting here wishing for a child...

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you do get pregnant soon!
    tata85usa Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 09:58 PM
    Let us now if you got your period.
    I am trying to get pregnant already 5 month , I am getting myself crazy, I am trying to come down but I can't :(:(:(:(
    devavamy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2009, 08:25 PM

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, I honestly thought I was losing it and I was the only one, I am exactly like you everyone is having babies and you want to be happy but it is all you want, and I know your not suppose to be stressed but come on, I know how you feel and I know my husband is the same way I just wanted to let you know your not alone and I'm here, hopefully we can talk and both be pregnant asap:)
    wnt_2b_mommy90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2009, 01:39 AM
    I know exactly how you feel I have been searching the webs reading magazines about it. I want to have one so badly. But I can't seem to get pregnant. I dream about having babies and I see them in my dreams. And I think that because we are always wishing and hoping that we are pregnant that our bodies seem to make us think that we are... so do what I did and try not to think about it so much it will work out for you...

Lotz of baby dust to you...
    aaronswife20 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 05:18 PM

I used too be obsessed with being pregnant. Now I maybe pregnant I don't know yet! I haven't had a period in 2 months so who knows!:)
    Hallilove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2010, 09:47 PM
    I've been obsessing also for about five months now and I have decided to obsess over something differ now and that is my body, it is the only way for me to keep my mind off getting pregnant and that is keeping in shape so I thought I share that with all and hope that it helps somebody also when I am making love I just enjoy it instead of thinking of the sperm reaching my my egg. I am just tired of searching the internet that was no accurate for me and waiting for the next month to seeif my period will come this stuff ain't healthy and no one should have to live or feel like this but we do well I could say I did. Love, peace, good health and many babies as you all desire to all of you! God Bless
    mrd2pwzy09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 04:20 PM

Hey, I have been obsessing for about a year in a half I want a baby so bad it drives me insane. I wrk two jobs to find things to keep my mind off it but nuthing is working sometimes I even feel like breaking down. Every time I tell myself if it happen it happen if it don't it don't but very soon after that I find myself obsessing again. Much hope love and peace lol and a bunch more baby dust.
    LindseyLou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2010, 04:31 PM
    I know exactly how you feel I was single for three years and then I met my boyfriend. Since we have been together a baby is all I think about. It also doesn't help that I have a tremendous fear that I won't be able to get pregnant. So it seems every time my period rolls around I am only disappointed. I have come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is not worry about it. I can't control if I can or can't only god can do that. I'm sure if you find another place to focus all the energy you put into thinking about getting pregnant. Then it will happen naturally...
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jun 26, 2010, 10:47 AM

I was like that with my last child. I tested all the time. After months of let downs I gave up. I just figured we could't have a child. We still were not using protection but I was no longer trying. Then we got home from the store one day and we were talking and realized I was over a week late. I went back to the store and got a test and it was blue!! I now have a beautifull 14mo daughter. Just relax. It will come.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Am I obsessed? [ 60 Answers ]

I woke up today full of anxiety and just a general feeling of fear and I think its because I have a feeling that my boyfriend is cheating on me because he's been acting differently lately. He's not as interested in sex as he used to be and he doesn't seem to want to talk to me or be with me as...

OBSESSED he was with someone during breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Last summer after me and my boyfriend broke up during a big stupid drunken fight. We were broken up for 3 weeks and even though I had plenty of opportunities to date others, I never did because I pretty much figured we would get back together and I felt like it would be cheating even though we were...

Help... Obsessed and Depressed [ 1 Answers ]

Last year I had this teacher that I have thought about everyday since I met her. No I'm not gay and I'm not attracted to her in a sexual way, but don't know why I can't stop thinking about her. I started dreaming about her and now its nothing new. She moved away about 9 months ago and I still...

Help, I'm obsessed! [ 2 Answers ]

If ANYONE can help me, PLEASE do so! I had braces for seven years. It's been three years since I had them taken off, and it has totally reshaped my mouth. Now, I have very crooked lips. My corners just don't line up anymore. So, for the past three years, needless to say, I have had to "reshape" my...

View more questions Search